What's new

AV15 wiring... (1 Viewer)

Eric Eash

Second Unit
hello all, i finally received my AV15s, they are nice. what i need to know is if you guys think 14ga. Monster XP wire will be good enough for internal wiring of the sub as well as wiring from amp to sub. each channel will have a maximum of 450w going out, with the longest possible length depending on placement being 35ft. what are your thoughts? since i've got alot of this stuff, i could double it up using 2 wires per connection, or i could just go and buy some 12 or 10ga., although i really want to get rid of this stuff.

eric

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Normally 14ga would be fine but with a run of 35 feet and 450 watts I'd maybe bump up to a slightly larger wire. You've spent this much time designing the sub (not to mention the money) dont skimp on wire.
(The above comment was made from somebody that personally does not spend much money on wiring)

Eric Eash

Second Unit
it's just getting annoying over here in japan, not being able to go down to an audio store and get what i want. what about doubling up the wire, ever tried that? anything wrong with it?

eric

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Although not the ideal solution I can understand your situation and lack of selection. If both lengths of speaker wire are the same it should work okay.

According to the below links...I get the impression Monste Cable and large AWG wire is really a fad and a waste.

What say ye?

trueaudio.com/post_009.htm

trueaudio.com/post_007.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks