What's new

AV15 sub for sale: (1 Viewer)

Andy Claude

Auditioning
Steve,

I'm interested in your package. Please email me the pics. By the way...I live in Woodward, OK. What would be the shipping and handling charge.

Anyhow, one more question... I don't know much about subs.
I am buying this for a home entertainment system, but i also love to listen to music with tight bass. Would I need a powered sub or a passive sub such as this.

Thanks,
andy

PS. I need a sub yesterday... would you be able to call me at 580-628-7716 or page me at 580-571-0730

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Hi Andy>>> I will give you a call today and the sub is all boxed up and ready to go. I cant speak to the shipping co until monday though and I am not sure just how close they can get it to you until I speak with them along with cost of shipping. Shipping would be $95 max I believe. You might come in around $75 +- terminal to terminal? Pics on the way!

Steve

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Hi Andy,

I spoke with shipping and they can ship it to their terminal in OK City for $60 from here in Oregon.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
\::::::::::::::::Unbelivable:::::::::::::::::///

Those looking into or shopping for a Bad Ass subwoofer, this is a deal you will kick yourself later for not at least looking into it....!

Yes you need to provide amplification, an old receiver or amplifier laying around would work fine. A 100-watts will just kick start this thing, with bookoo output still available, just add more power when you get it.

Heck, $150.00 will buy you a Rythmik Plate Amp (dose not have to be mounted to be used) with 380 clean watts, along with on board selectable Sub Sonic filter and adjustable damping. This would get about 80 to 90% of the performance this sub is capable of, out of it.

Want "DEEP" Clean Bass "with some real SPL", well thats what this Sub was designed to do.
Where talking up top type SVS-2039, HSU-V3, etc, performance here. Bone crushing accurate bass when properly setup and powered...

========>
I have ~{absoulty nothing to do with the sale of this sub and was not asked to post anything}~!!!
I want to make that very very clear!!!
I'm doing this on my own because I can't belive someone has not grabbed this. I really think many do not understand how good this sub is, and how good a deal this really is!
=======>

I would buy it, but I already have 3 powered SVS drivers in main room, 2-Carver powered subs in the bedroom and another 12" DIY just setting. Not to mention the 3-drivers setting in the closet along with 3-plate amps.
I have more subs than I really need already, besides the better half said NO, enough...:frowning:

About this Sub:
I do know the componets used in this sub (choice stuff) and who is the original builder of it. Rock Solid encloser. The builder, Brian B., is highly respected here in the area of speaker and subwoofer building if you are not already aware....
Daily he is "recommended by many" to be contacted regarding building something they may be asking about.

Drives me nuts to see such a very very good deal go UN-purchased, when so many ask every day whats the best sub for 500.00, 300.00, etc.
Telling ya folks, this is a hell of a sub, that all but the most very hardcore deep bass mega spl nut could not be happy with....

Chew on it people, this is a very good deal with out question, and someone will regrete not jumping on it when it's gone and someone else is telling everyone of their new found Bass bliss...

Regards
Geoff

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Geoff I thank for your words. They are all so true. I haven't had the hart to say what you so eloquently stated for I didn't want to be accused of over rating or tooting my own horn. You covered this BIG BLOCK AV15 to the T.

Yes this is one big sub for sure but it needs to be big to do what it does in such a good way. For $400 Plus a very reasonable shipping cost a guy just cant go wrong.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

Geoff,
It bothers me too, to see such a great sub being offerred at a ridiculously low price and no one's bought it. To try and put this in terms that most can relate to, I used to own a SVS 20-39CS Plus and the SVS CS Ultra(w/TV12 driver). I now use a DIY sub using the Stryke AV15, granted my sub is a different alignment that Steve's I much prefer a single AV15's over both the SVS' I owned. Considering I paid $950 and this sub is gonna be around half that after shipping.

Steve,

If you email me pics, I'd be happy to host them for you.

Regards,

Frank

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
What a nice gesture Frank. I have thought of this many times but didn't want to bother you with it. I will send you five pics this weekend then and Thank you very much. Thats very nice of you and I appreciate it.I would take a few more pics but it is all boxed up and ready to go. Packing this sub in a safe manner takes some time and I would rather not have to go through that again.

I absolutely hate to sell this sub. In reality I do not need to but I really don't have the space to corner load it with my others. I have strongly considered selling one of my SVS's and creating a little more space also. I did run the AV with dual SVS's for a few months and it worked out very well until my third SVS arrived. I do love the sound this sub puts out and if I had to describe it in one word I would use the the word (quality). I could use it for a corner table also and have another great option for bass. Whats to become of me?

Geoff and Frank between the two of you and my own feelings towards this sub I have just about talked myself into keeping it and letting the wife know I need just a little more real-estate in the living-room??:eek: Lets just say I'm 95% of the way there.

Thanks again Frank.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Ok, can't take it anymore... To heck with the ole lady. Pull the driver and the two mogo PP~4"- flared ports and ship them to me Steve.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

I'll make very good use of them! :D

On the "serious side", if you want to break it down I will purchase the Driver and ports if your interested.

I know you would prefer to sell the WHOLE complete sub... But should you not sell it and still want to unload the goodies and might possibly be willing to part it out, definitey let me know!

Yah I'm nuts :crazy:to think that could happen....:rolleyes

Frank:
Excellent job on the scaned pic's..:emoji_thumbsup:

Cheers
Geoff

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for your help Frank. I know my pics don't do this sub justice but these give a good idea of it's looks and size. That is my friend Mark standing to the side to give a good reference to size. If I would have known these pics were going to be posted I would have thought them out a little more and been more careful.

Great job Frank!:emoji_thumbsup:

Geoff with what you have going on with your HT? I wouldn't give it a thought. You need to save some space for Angie and besides I'm in debt to you as it is.:D Bb 24

Vijay K. Iyer

Auditioning
hmm...I was looking into getting an AV12...although in the back of my mind I know an AV15 is what I really want.

There are TWO things stopping me from purchasing this:

1 - I think the cost will be too high after shipping. If you live in Southern California then that problem is solved.

2 - Holy crap! Vented enclosure for a 15" sub. I charted out my Lambda Acoustics mobile (car) woofer enclosure tuned low (25-28Hz), it's a 15" - it'd be about 7.3 cubes (So instead I have it in 3.8 cubes sealed Qtc ~ .72). Where the hell will I put this thing!?

In my current room config - it'd take up half the space under my bed (which is raised about 40" off the ground). - This is acceptable. But later on...I have no clue what would happen...and then I'd be forced to sell, too.

For the next 4-6 years I'll be living in primarily apartments. This year it's a dorm (school). Another concern is that I'd have to borrow my uncle's car, or use my parent's station wagon, to transport this beast. I figure I'll be moving around more than a home owner....I have a smallish car.

This makes me sad...I already know I'll like this woofer. And the Advent AS2's would only sweeten the deal. What am I to do?

I can't take this off your hands, can I? :frowning:

BAH - Where are you located? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks