What's new

AV15 mounting question (1 Viewer)

Eric Eash

Second Unit
i've got my box almost done, and have a question about mounting the drivers. the mounting holes in the frame have the surround slightly covering them and i was wondering if i need to be careful not to damage it, or if i can just wrench a screw down onto it. both of my woofers are like this and i was just wondering if others were the same way. here is a crappy pic pic

let me know what you guys think, i'd hate to damage the drivers.

eric

Jeff Meininger

Second Unit
My AV15 is like this, and my shiva before it actually had 3/4 of the mounting hole covered by the surround. :) I guess it's normal... they just wanted to make the surround wide enough to give it enough surface area to be glued to the frame. I just screwed right through it, and it's been fine for me.

Eric Eash

Second Unit
cool, thanks jeff. i was thinking it would be fine, but to mess one of these up would really hurt me. anyways, thanks again.

eric

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I e-mailed Eric this but thought I'd post here too for others that may be wondering the same thing. Yes, its normal for the surrounds to partially or fully cover the screw holes. Its okay to screw through it but put a dab of lubricate that wont eat foam or rubber on the screw head so it doesnt bind on the surround and separate it from the frame. It isnt really as important with foam as rubber since the screws tend to grab the rubber more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks