AV123 x-ls or SVS Camparison

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by IvorG, May 29, 2006.

1. IvorG

IvorG Auditioning

I'm thinking of either the AV123 x-ls 5.1 speaker set ofr the SVS 5.1 set to match with a Marantz receiver. Any thought on the speaker sets would be appreciated. Quality...Durability...etc. They will go in a average 18x16 living room and used for both music and movies.

Thanks much for you thoughts

2. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Does this mean you've raised your budget from your other thread? I have the SVS 5.0 system with a different sub. I've been very, very pleased with it. I haven't not heard those speakers from AV123, but have heard good things about their speakers in the past.

3. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

You can't beat the product you will get for the price from these guys at av123. They make great stuff. I don't see how you could go wrong. Good luck

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I've heard the SBS-01s with the PB-10 in a room about that size and they did a pretty good job filling it.

The speakers I own were designed by the co-designer of the X-LS speakers and I know his work is first rate. The X-LS also have the slight advantage in the finish department - the shadow maple looks great. I'm considering a pair of these for myself. The bad news is, they are still sold out...

I don't think you would go wrong with either of them.

5. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

SVS put the money into the sound not the cabinet. The SVS SBS has the better sound quality of those two.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Have you heard both?

7. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Own the SBS system and love it. I can't belive how good they sound and how loud they play. For the money you absolutely can't go wrong. My room is the same size as yours but I have very high vaulted ceilings and my living room opens up into a dining area kitchen and the upstairs and they have no problem filling the room. I have a Marantz SR-9200 receiver hooked up to them and they have no problem handling 140 watts per channel fed to them.