AV1+'s and Shielded center pics

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by bruin, Apr 29, 2003.

1. bruin

bruin Second Unit

http://www.pbase.com/bruin/inbox

With the help of Danny Richie and Danny Wesnor and many others fromt his forum...a BIG THANKS!

I will probably have them veneered for a more professional look down the road...my finishing skills aren't much to speak for.

2. Dan Wesnor

Dan Wesnor Second Unit

Glad to see eveything fit OK. Always a nervous thing when you can fit check the drivers. Is there much of a gap around the tweeter, and did the terminal cups go in OK?

3. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

Bruin,
    You have to give me your impressions compared to your Klipsch. I have a Reference 3 HT and I want better speakers but can't spend more money, so I was thinking of building a GR Research HT.

Like a typial Klipsch lover, there's so many speakers other love that I find dull and boring so I'm afraid I won't like them. The main thing I'm afraid of losing are the dynamics. Any info is greatly appreciated.

4. bruin

bruin Second Unit

Dan,

Cups fit perfectly! Resistance when pushing them in was just right. The center channel tweeters external circle is a bit loose but not too noticeable because of the black paint. Nothing to worry about though. I highly recommend Dan's work guys.

Frank,

I'll post my review on it later next week. They've been broken in only for about 10 hours. Danny Richie recommended 50 hours for the sonicaps. I'll try to do music and HT comparisons between the Klipsch's and AV1+s. For the moment, I can say that the AV1+s are more balanced, vocals are clear, highs are terrific. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Give me a week or two.

5. Frank Carter

OK thanks, I'll be looking out for it. You have RF-7's right?

6. bruin

bruin Second Unit

They're the RP3's

7. Frank Carter

Ah, even better.

Your impressions will be even more meaningful because they share the same horn as my RF-3II's.