What's new

AV1+ question (1 Viewer)

David_Merrow

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I have decided to build the av1+, but I have a few questions. First, is it worth it to get that blackhole 5 material or would it sound just as good with polyfill? Second, how well does the Sonicap capacitor upgrade work? Lastly, does the internal bracing need to be rounded off on the edges? I ask this because I do not have the router bit needed to do it. And I was thinking about ordering the pre made front baffle. If I do this then I would like to not have to buy any router bits.

thanks,
David

Darren_T

Second Unit
I have black hole 5 in two of my 5 AV1+'s and polyfil in the other 3. I can't really detect much of a difference, I attribut this to the fact that the cabinets are quite rigid and don't really need the dampening material. If it were me, I'd go for the Sonicaps and use polyfil. You can always come back and add the black hole 5 later if you like, it's easy.

As far as rounding the holes, I'd definately do it, it lessens the chance for internal chuffing which could possibly make port noise but probably won't. Just use a rasp file and round them over a tad or some 80 grit sandpaper, it really won't take long and gives good insurance.

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks