What's new

AV Stores: An Anthropological Study... (1 Viewer)

Rich H

Second Unit
Scott,

As the fellow who started the thread, I really appreciate your point of view. It does help explain things to a degree (although it doesn't "excuse" things, if you ask me).

I suppose I'm just not pessimistic enough to think people are that immune to a decent picture. For instance, my brother sounds like he'd come off as one of those customers you describe. When I was last at his house, his TV looked awful: he had no idea how to adjust it, and was never motivated to try. I said: Wanna see your TV look better?
"Yeah, I guess so..." he said.

A couple minutes of fiddling later and he was amazed. He couldn't believe how much clearer and more real the image looked. He thanked me profusely and said he couldn't believe he could have been watching an image like that all along.

I really do believe people can tell a better picture. It's been my experience every single time, bar none. Therefore, if I were running a store, it would just seem worth it to make the TVs look good. If only because I'd have to stare at them all day.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Rich, I completly agree with you, but maybe part of the problem is also that if all the tv's in a particular store are set up properly the customer cant see that A-B comparision like your brother could after you fiddling for a few minutes, and I firmly believe for most people its the comparing and contrast that tells them which is the better picture, separated the viewing by an hour and you may not be so lucky.

unless the store is lucky enough to have small viewing rooms and is totally set up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks