What's new

AV receiver for a Mirage surround system (1 Viewer)

holzw1sr

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
Hey all, I have chosen between the Mirage MX and the Nanostat but was wondering what a good AV Receiver would be for this set up. I dont care about the multi room use or the Smart system. What would you all recommend for the price range of $200-400

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Could have answered this in your first thread... What are your sources? Wii? VCR? DVD? PS3? XBox? BD? CD? Cassette? Ipod? Droid? Victrola? CED? LD? PC? Laptop? Do you want/need... Front HDMI? Front 3.5mm? Networking? Room correction? 15-pin D-Sub? Macro/pre-programmed remote? Twin HDMI outputs?

holzw1sr

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
That Denon was a full kit. Now that im getting a Mirage system, need AV receiver. Sources: Wii U PS3 (serves as my Blu-Ray player as well) Ipod Want: multiple HDMI Not sure what the rest is or would serve me for....Is the room correction needed for the mirage even tho it has the omnipolar sound that is supposed to "work with the room"?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Neither set is my cup of tea. If I remember correctly, the MX is just a smaller clone of the Nanosat...which is already small. So, do you want small, or even smaller? As far as AVR, even the Onkyo RC330 at $120(A4L and +$50 shipping) is the most basic AVR there is. And it has 3 HDMI. If you buy a Yamaha, I suggest at least the 473 because it is discrete...the 373 isn't. If you want an Onkyo the NR414 gives you networking which means you don't even need to connect the ipod to the AVR(and there is other stuff you get) If you get a Denon you'll get Audyssey room correction, but you won't get networking...without paying more.

holzw1sr

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
I am setting this system up in a small room. This is a starter system for me, and i personally like the small sats that i can moderately hide around my room. I like the Yamaha 473. The essential PIP system in the Onkyo is a nice feature i like. A friend of mine uses Denon and really likes it. He is trying to steer me towards the Denon AVR1613. Edit: Is the Denon 1613 comparable to the Yamaha 473? Im not sure about brands in this area.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It is hard to "compare" basic AVR. Onkyo jumps on networking. Denon jumps on Audyssey. Yamaha jumps on Apple. Unless you go "up" the line to the 3rd of 4th AVR in each line...you really can't compare them. The lowest 1 or 2 don't even compare across brands...cause in the case of Denon, they have more

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks