What's new

AV Receiver Driving Remote Speakers (1 Viewer)

Randy*Ro

Auditioning
I'm planning my first HTS. As it's my first experience with home theater I will progress slowly and limit my budget. My primary concern is figuring out how to drive additional sets of stereo speakers located in other rooms. Can I use an AV Receiver through a speaker selector switch to direct CD or radio music to other rooms in my house? If yes, must I have a dedicated set of stereo speakers in the room that contains my surround sound speakers? I realize that I can buy a more robust receiver that provides multiple zones, but I'm not interested in remote amplifiers, and I don't think we'll need to watch DVD's and listen to CD's at the same time. Any input appreciated.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yes, many receivers have capabilities for playing remote speakers with separate sources. Be sure and check the receiver’s features before you buy.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Sure I'm using an older Sony ES receiver that I found at a salvation army type store for $30...works perfectly has even has discrete codes for my pronto :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks