AV preamp advice....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Eric D Wong, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Eric D Wong

Eric D Wong Stunt Coordinator

....havent been in the HT /home audio circuit for a while now. But I was looking at a good switchbox setup that can handle a slew of S video (dvd, sat. dish, game systems) as well as coaxial and optical digital audio. I first thought about this product from Radio Shack that looks like itll do just that and is remote controlled, but at $100 I looked into other options...

So I came across the older Sony ES series. Theres the TAE1000 ESD which looks like itll do the job for what I need. I dont have a surround setup (yet) and might down the road but for now just a 2 ch AV preamp should do. They average around $100 or so on ebay so it looks like itll be perfect. Theres also the TAE2000 but thats a little more expensive, and if im not mistaken its the Dolby Digital model. theres also the older TAE-77EDS but its older and has no surround at all....

The most current model is the 9000 model I really want that one but at several hundred dollars its out of the question right now (not to mention I gotta buy more amps and speakers).

Any other products out there?

2. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Look no more Mr. Wong!!!! [​IMG]

CHECK THIS OUT

What I like about this unit is the remote as you can pick which channel you want to use and not have to cycle through each input to get where you want to go.

The price is not bad either.

I hope this helps.

3. Eric D Wong

Eric D Wong Stunt Coordinator

Ill keep this in mind.. thanks, however at this point Im seriously considering swinging a real A/V preamp and selling my current tuner, preamp and perhaps crossover to displace the cost. Not having a remote control on my 'audiophile' preamp is really getting to me.