1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

AV Lighting with 12V trigger

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Drew Preston, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Drew Preston

Drew Preston Auditioning

I have a question to anyone who might be able to help. I want to design a lighting control system that will shut off a set of A/C lights with the use of my 12v trigger on my Integra receiver. This is what I was thinking of: 12v trigger out to two paralleled bosch relays using a 12volt AC adapter for a power supply and ground, the trigger would be used to make the relays interupt the hot or neutral A/C wire. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way.
    Regards,
    Drew Preston
    [​IMG]

2. James Mudler

James Mudler Stunt Coordinator

Welcome. I did the same thing a while back. I used a 12v wall wart (pluged in the receiver) and a single relay (single pole, dual throw - SPDT). I would recommend a 120v relay with a 12volt coil. You can find them at Radio shack and other electronic type stores. Good luck