What's new

AV Furniture / Equipment Rack (1 Viewer)

James Nguyen

Second Unit
Asked and answered before I'm sure but, alas, I haven't been able to search on the site for a few days now.
Was hoping to get a few pointers to some online stores where I could make a purchase of some moderately priced equipment racks. I've browsed around at audio advisor a bit, but only a few strike a chord with me--plus I'd before making a decision, I'd like to make sure I've done enough homework in finding other brands.
Considered Sanus, Billy Bags, and Lovan thus far. Any others in a price range of say 350 to 550 or so? Would need to house 4 to 6 components, with the heaviest coming in at about 35 pounds. Manufacturer URLs or anywhere with detailed specs and pictures would be nice too.
Thanks!

James Nguyen

Second Unit
Recently been seing ads for Shroer's and Shroers equipment racks as well and found a couple vendors selling them online... anyone have experience with them? Qualms, recommendations for them?
They're quite beautiful and would fit well with much of my other furniture, but I'm uneasy buying them without at least finding a few reviews.
FYI http://www.schroers.de/

James Nguyen

Second Unit
George,
been to AudioAdvisor, found a couple pieces there I liked, but I wanted to make sure there weren't any others out there somewhere that I'd overlooked before I went ahead and made a purchase at AA. Gotta do my homework, right? :)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
The ONLY rack is the Salamander rack.
I have one with a tv shelf ( 36 inch ) and 3 other shelves.
look at this link. www.mander.com I got mine in my local "high end" a/v store .If you have trouble finding a local dealer,let me know and Ill ask around for you.
Eric

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Salamanders are good.
Check out boltz.com for some good ones too. They are expandable for future uses...very modern looking and very durable.
I ended up having a custom oak cabinet built to my specs by a local wood-worker. I ended up paying $500, and it's sweet. If you have someone local doing this kind of thing, it may be worth your while to check them out.
I had a sliding shelf built at my waist height for a turntable....as well as some other custom additions for a heavy amplifier with plenty of airflow and everything high enough so kids and dogs were inaccessible to the components.
Jeremy

James Nguyen

Second Unit
Eric,
thanks for the link, had been looking for their web page for a bit.
Jeremy,
Boltz seem nice but pricey compared to some of their competition.

Jerry C

Grip
I'm a big fan of the Studiotech racks (www.studiotech.com). I have one of their Alpha series racks in cherry and black. Very attractive, solid, and plenty of room for large components. IMHO, a good value for the price, and rarely mentioned in responses to posts on A/V furniture.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Studiotech makes some nice stands, especially the Ultra line. However, I would cast my vote for Salamander. My next rack will be from them without a doubt.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

James Nguyen

Second Unit
From looking at the Salamander Synergies at their website, I've grown quite interested...though it seems at AudioAdvisor you can't specify the color beyond the shelf color. It seems they only have the black frames whereas i'm interested in the silver.
Am I just smoking crack?
tongue.gif

Any other online dealers that carry these that has a full configurator available?
Any Houston area folks know of a shop that'd carry these? (New to the area, just moved in two months ago)
[Edited last by James Nguyen on September 06, 2001 at 10:52 PM]

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
The Spider Rack is defintly different!
So thast what Kirk uses to hold his audio equipment on the ~ Starship Enterprise!
One might say- thats one wild looking rack... Very high cool factor, if your into contempo designs.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Don't know if this would be any help but I just got a good AVrack at the Sony Outlet at Grove City 2 weeks ago for just $39.99. Its quite strudy, has more than enuff shelves, and also comes with some sort of cable management at teh back. Only problems that come to mind are the non-adjustable shelves and the width which for some maybe a bit cutting it too close. Here a link to a pic
Link Removed
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!
[Edited last by Eric Samonte on September 07, 2001 at 08:19 AM]

James Nguyen

Second Unit
That Spider rack looks intriguing, but I'd be too paranoid about my cats kncking a component off the center hub of the rack.
It does have quite the cool factor going for it though..

Chang Cho

Auditioning
James,
I purchased the Salamander Synergy stand from Hifi.com. They have free shipping this week. In the past they also had coupons so you may want to look around. I purchased the cherry stand and the cherry/perforated metal door. It looks outstanding.
The only negative was that the door is fragile and it took them four tries to deliver one intact. They first said they could not double box them for protection, and the first three arrived manhandled by UPS and with a cracked frame. However, return shipping is paid for by them so it didn't cost any more money. I had actually given up on getting a door when the fourth one arrived in a huge outer box and lots of bubble wrap and peanut packing.
Take a look at them if you are interested in Salamander.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
James,
on the home page for Salamander ,in the upper middle corner there is a dealer finder and under TX ,there are many Huston dealers.
Eric

James Nguyen

Second Unit
Eric,
yeah, I noticed that 2 seconds after that particular post.
blush.gif

Chang,
Great! Will have to look at hifi.com now, haven't been there in ages. Think I'm heavily starting to lean toward the Salamander Synergy now..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks