What's new

AV-15 MkII delayed. Now what? (1 Viewer)

LanceEAR

Agent
AV-15 Status

Well the AV-15s are on a slow boat from China, literally. I presently do not have a sub but I really would like to finish my project. I'm not sure if I should buy another driver for cheap and use it until the AV15 arrives or just wait.

Any opinions on a cheap driver that will work in a 2.5 ft^3 sealed enclosure?

Sebastian

Second Unit
Sheesh, Man! John has the absolute worst luck. I hope everyone gets taken care. I guess I was lucky to get my AV-12 on time. I have not even used it yet, I hope it works. Everything is in storage and it just sitting in a closet. I hope John gets better and will be able to continue running Stryke Audio.
I like seeing small business succeed!
Back on topic, sorry lance I can't help but I am sure someone will. Did try contacting cassetti? Looks like he can get some good deals. Good luck!

Richard Little

Stunt Coordinator
Man I hope things get better for him. He produces a quality product, that's worth every penny he sells them for (and then some). I built two ported sonotubes with the original AV15's. I only have one hooked up and it alone gets me a might bit nervous when cranked up. I had a friend over the other day who's has been looking into getting an Everest. I played some StarWars I & II with the new tube hooked up. Have you actually seen someone grin ear to ear? "Now that's what I'm looking for" ...he wants the second tube so bad:D

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
It's not easy for the small business man to succeed these
days... If I had the capital I would invest in Stryke I have
told John that before.. I think he has a great mind, great
heart and his products offer great value..

But it ain't easy surviving in this world as a small guy
and add to that problems with family and the stress induced
by it all.. It's no wonder he has ulcers..

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
How can companies that sell mediocre products succeed? I mean, I see so many companies that sell things that don't impress me at all - and they survive!! Sheesh!

Now, when I get to a site like Stryke, Adire, Acoustic-Visions, Rutledge Audio, etc., my blood gets pumping. I mean there are some superior products being produced and being sold for not too much. I do wish John all the best in getting through this current moment of trying and tough times.

Actually, I was going to start a thread, but decided I might just use this space to get on my soap box. Lately, I can go out and hit audio shops -- only to be disappointed and not very impressed. Sure, I can see subwoofers that sell for anywhere between $700 and $3,000. However, I don't get impressed by them like I do when I'm able to come to this forum and see all of the great D.I.Y. projects that people have built. Going to a lumber store, looking at MDF and seeing many driver options, LSPCad, WinISD, etc. on the Internet is what it's all about. I live for this stuff!! :)

Thanks for reading. :)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Wayne,

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate them and I'm sure John and Kyle do as well. My dad and I really do try to do some great work. Sometimes it's hard to get people to commit to going with us small guys even though most of us know we're producing superior products. I know my website needs a major overhaul, but I currently just don't have the time or money to put into it. If I were more into HTML I'm sure I could knock it out quickly, but it's just a bit overwhelming at the moment.

I'm hoping to get some standard products going so that maybe people won't be so confused at all the different options. I also think I'm going to have some very positive, and very vocal user reviews of some of my products in the near future. I'm hoping that'll spark some good growth in my business.

Sorry to highjack the thread. I know John has some interesting things in store for Stryke in the near future so maybe his business will really start growing as well.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Yep my hats off to the little guys..

John, Brian, Kyle, Dan and everyone else! Keep up the great
work.. It's not the big corporations of the world that make
this hobby great.. It's the Stryke's and RAD's who do!

Y'all need a big round of applause IMHO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.