AV-15 in..............

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jonathan T, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Second Unit

Is a 4 cubic foot sealed box (4 cubic feet not counding the presence of the driver structure and plate amp and bracing) with 64 ounces of polyfill sufficent for an AV-15? I would be sending it up to 350 watts.

2. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

Should be a very nice ~.6Q. 350W should reach 112dB anechoic.

Only 104 dB @ 20 Hz, so you may want to just get one of those magical 10" subs that I read about in another post....[​IMG]

Pete

3. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Second Unit

LOL, I read about that magical sub. Quite ammusing. Anyway, the sub will only be for music, and I'll probably build 2 of them. Also, room gain should help the low end and a BFD will help as well. If you factor everthing in, I think I could make a linear sub down to say 25HZ without pushing the amp, especially if I have 2 of them.

4. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

Jonathan,

I posted a few impressions of how my brother's sealed AV15 sounds in my room. You can take a look at the in room response also. It's 3ft^3 with 30oz of polyfill. With the poly I'm guessing the effective volume's around 3.3ft^3 w/a Qtc of .7.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...81#post1517481

5. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Second Unit

Sweet guys, I think a 4 cubic foot enclusure would work fine for an AV-15. All I have to do now is convince the mother that a 20 inch cube won't look bad in my loft area (I'm 15).

6. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

then she will be telling you to turn it down all the time. i have dual av15 in a 700l ported box. in the floor above the ht area the floor shakes like no other. and when you get to the seccond floor it still shakes these av15 ae very sweet and a great bang for the buck.

7. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Second Unit

Well, I won't be playing them when my mother is home. Summer vacation is almost here. She will only see them, not hear them.