What's new

AV-15 Design help (1 Viewer)

C

Chris*Liberti

I am planning on buying 2 AV-15's and I am looking for design help on a cabinet. I am planning on using them in either a sealed or a Passive Radiator setup. What is the advantage of each and what size box would I use with each. Also if I go PR what size and weight radiators should I go with. I want bass extension to atleast 20Hz if not 16 or 18 Hz. The lower the better. Also I want the bass as fast as possible without getting too low of output. I plan on using this for 50/50 HT/Music. Also what kind of power should I run to the pair. Thanks for the help

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i got 2 av15 also but went vented in a 700l box tuned to 17 hz sorry cant help you. also aplying 1000wats rms to my subs.

C

Chris*Liberti

How do they sound in this allignment. What kind of SPL are you hitting? How flat is the frequency response? How would you rate the speed of the drivers? I am just trying to build a temporary box to last me about 2 years until I get a house and can do an IB setup with 4 AV-15's

ross ish

Stunt Coordinator
Last time I spoke to John at Stryke, he mentioned that there is a 25cube version of the HE15 that the AV15 would work in. The 25 inch cube would house the two 18pr. John said that this alignment would equal the HE15 with the 350 watt plate amp...the trick naturally being the larger box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks