AV 123 prices & driving Diva's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SanfordL, Mar 22, 2002.

1. SanfordL

SanfordL Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone out there know if AV 123 changes their prices fairly regularly, or if they stay the same from month to month. The reason is that I am slowly working up the bank for a complete 7.1 system, but it is going to be some time (early to mid 2003). If anyone has purchased the Diva's in the last 2 years, and wouldn't mind telling me what they spent, that'd be awesome [​IMG] . What I want to get is 6.1's for the front, 2 pairs of the R-3's for the rear surrounds and centers, and the C3 for the center front.
    Next, regarding driving the R-3's particularly, can anyone tell me how much, if any, they had to cut the output to the rear surround channels assuming you have the same output to all channels. I suppose I don't really understand having rears rated at 4 ohms, unless it is to make up for some amp manufacturers building lower rear amp output which few seem to do any longer. Does anyone know if the R3's might be upgraded to 8 ohms some time in the future?
    If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate the info.

2. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

My friend bought one which is fantastic he bought the 6.1/r3/c3 in a few months (buying a house)I'll have one too. I feel so resticted to what I can play in a Apt. anyway the one your looking at can be had for around 2000 shipping included. They are offering a free c3 with your order now so my friend paid top $ for his set up a year back he paid 2500. I just hope the sale lasts a little longer. As far as his setup we used a radio-shack spl and made all the speakers reference 75-85 I forgot. He also bought a Rava Sub which is 399. I'm getting a Dharman. I suggest that or a SVS Sub.

3. SanfordL

SanfordL Stunt Coordinator

Hey Joel I saw the $1898.00 for the 5 setup, but then I have to eat the rear centers at an extra $599.00 plus $123.00 for shipping. So, I wait until March next year. I already purchased the SVS 16-46 PCi which should be out to me some time late this month, or early next month. Figured I had to start somewhere, and might as well be with a healthy dose of clean, D.E.E.P. bass. [​IMG]
    So, did your friend mention how much he or she had to cut the rears to keep them in line with the rest of his or her set-up? I just wonder if I am going to have to run the fronts hot and the rears low to get the same level of output. All kind of seems like a huge P.I.M.A., but they do look kick butt, and sound smooth according to what I have heard.
    Has anyone on the inside heard anything about Swann getting the rears in line with the rest of their speakers?
    Welp, I gotta run. Let me know how they sound once you get them.[​IMG]

4. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

Let me know how that SVS16-46pci treats you. I've been researching the 16-46pci and have heard great things. I love Deep Bass and this sub will give us that...and if it doesn't will just buy 2 of them. [​IMG]