What's new

AV 12 physical size measurements? (1 Viewer)

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have the physical measurements of an AV12? I'm wondering how much of a direct drop-in replacement it would be for my Stryke SAE1204.

I'm most interested in the cutout size, flange depth, etc., and the actual depth of the driver itself. (I have a brace I have to clear if I swap out drivers)

Thanks-

Wes Nance

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Hey Wes,

Referring to the diagram above, my AV12 measures a hair under 7" front-to-back ("C") with a diameter ("A") of 12& 7/16". Tough to measure the cutout diameter, but mine fits perfectly in the cutout done for a Dayton 12" DVC (in which "B" = 11").

What's the Vb of your box again? The AV12 looks amazing in 90L or so with two of those Stryke 15" PR.

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Hi Wes,

Both the AV12 and SAE1204 would have the same 11" hole diameter. The AV12 because of the rubber gasket would be a little larger countersink though. I cut the holes to be 12.5", just over the 12 7/16" that Jack stated. I like to have enough room to get the gasket in.

John

RichardHOS

Second Unit
Can anyone provide similar information for the AV15? I've been looking everywhere for that information! Thanks.

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Richard,

The cutout would be 14 1/16" and the countersink is 15 5/8". I usually just make the countersink 15 3/4" or it's hard to get the gasket in.

John

RichardHOS

Second Unit
Thanks, I was thinking I might never find out. But what I'd really love to know is the total depth of the speaker... from front gasket to back plate, the whole shebang.

Got a ruler handy? :D

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Jack,

My box is a 3ft^3, or I think around 80l. I'm building a sealed sub to go with a pair of MBOW1's (Dennis Murphy's version of GR-research AV-1, but with an OW1 for a tweet), so I thought that would be good duty for my Stryke SAE1204, which is pretty much a DVC clone, and good in a small sealed box, and also use the PE amp for that as well.

Do you think it would be OK to put that rythm audio 350watt plate amp for the AV12 with my 15" PR's weighted to around 1350 or so? Or does it need a lot more power. . .

My home theater is based on black, natural maple veneer and brushed aluminum for my flexy and speaker stands, so I thought the cone on the AV12 would look really cool. (and sound amazing. . .)

Wes

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Do you think it would be OK to put that rythm audio 350watt plate amp for the AV12 with my 15" PR's weighted to around 1350 or so? Or does it need a lot more power. . .
Sounds good to me. :) Although that sub would certainly handle much more power, I wouldn't say it needs it (I've used an AVA250 with mine in 5ft^3 18Hz ported, 62L/24Hz PR and small sealed/LT). I get a tuning of about 22Hz for that alignment, so I might experiment a bit with more PR Mms for a 20Hz Fb and then play with the filters/boost on the Rythmik to roll the infrasonic filter in below that.

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
JAck,

Which alignment do you prefer the most the Shiva EBS or the stryke one with PR's.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks