What's new

Aux input on Panasonic 5303u causing noise (1 Viewer)

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
I have a Panasonic head unit that among other things, has an aux input for whatever I may please. I have a jvc sirius satellite unit, and when I use it I get engine whine. I thought it was power related, but I tried my portable battery powered mp3 player and I get noise through it also (not as bad, but still audible). I had run a cheap rca to 1/8 jack behind the dash for custom mount, but pulled it to get it away from all interference, and still get the noise. Would a shielded cable be necessary for this use?

bigmke184

Auditioning
Real Name
michael schaal
just as in home theater...u get what you pay for, go to a car audio shop and buy some good rca cables thicker the wire the better and make sure that your rca's are ran opposite of any power and ground wires....and try to make the cable as short as possible......hope this helps

JKL1960

Agent
Real Name
Jim
Check your vehicle's main ground. Sometimes whine is because of poor grounds. The battery's negative terminal will have a cable running to a ground on the chassis and / or engine. Sometimes this cable is insulated sometimes it looks like wooven metal. Basically remove it and clean all the connections and replace it. You might also check your head unit's ground wire for a good connection. If you are grounded through an adapter harness try adding a ground wire from the screw on the back of the deck to a good clean piece of metal.

Might not help but it is cheap to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks