autostart playback on open mp3 program?!?!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Kevin T, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i'm looking for a program with a particular function. something like winamp with a shuffle play but that will also start playback upon the program opening. if anybody has any ideas, lemme know. i currently have windows media player 9, musicmatch, realone, and winamp. realone and winamp have the best shuffle play but they don't start playback automatically upon program start. thanks for any help you guys can provide.

kevin t

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Are you opening it from Task Scheduler or something similar? You can point to the MP3 itself and Musicmatch will play the rest of the songs on the list.

If it's an mp3-playing alarm clock you need try searching at download.com.

3. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

what i was looking to do is build a computer loaded with all my mp3's and have it autostart playback when i turn the computer on. however, i noticed that the irman can control winamp so i may just purchase that and use my remote to start playback as i have no real intentions of connecting the computer to a monitor.

kevin t

4. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Kevin,

Put your playlist (*.m3u file) in the "Startup" folder on your start menu. Make sure the m3u extension is associated with your preferred media player. (Hopefully WinAmp but that is a matter of opinion.)

Sorry for the late reply! [​IMG]