Auto Modellista - Fantastic!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeanWalsh, Oct 21, 2002.

1. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

I just got the JAP import of Auto Modellista and I must say Capcom got this one right that's for sure! The graphics are brilliant, and the gameplay is great... for those that like arcade style handling that is (I prefer this!). Being that this game is being marketed as an arcade style title I was actually suprised at the level of depth in the game. 'Garage Life' is Modellista's answer to GT Mode, and as far as customisation goes has as many options, if not more than GT3 (you can even put posters in your garage!).
    Btw something I found funny, there is a mode that allows you to direct and remix your own replays, and add sound and visual effects to save on your memory card... Anyway there is a bank of sound effects one of which is a 'clap', but due to the Engrish translation this is called 'crap' onscreen... lol

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I was soooo hoping to hear good things about this game! it has online play as well, doesn't it?
    I'm guessing that you checked out the 'crap' sound effect before the others, right? [​IMG]
    -Dave

3. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

Great! Does it work with the Logitech GT Force wheel? If it does it's jumping up to the top of the list.

4. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

Yes it does have online play... as for the Logitech wheel I'm not sure but I'd imagine it would support it.

One more thing when you open up all the courses there is a secret course that opens up which turns all the vehicles into RC cars!

5. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

does anyone know if capcom is bringing this to the USA?

6. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

7. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Here is the link to pre-order it from EB. However, it looks like we won't see it until March. [​IMG]
    -Dean-

8. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Dean,
    According to an article that I stumbled across over at OCGN, the developers stated they had to re-work the code for online capablilties here in the States, hence the recent delay. On a side note, I'm very much looking forward to an HTF Racing Team.

Gary

9. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Bummer about the delay. I was wondering why we haven't heard much about it in the US.

10. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Really can't wait for the US version to come out! I had the pleasure of trying out the import a little while back and totally agree. Capcom has got a winner with this one. Now if only they would do a new ghosts and goblins game...

Dean

11. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Gary,
    I'm glad to hear that this is going to be online. The delay will be worth it then. [​IMG]
    -Dean-

12. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

I've played this and it's a great game, the cell shaded graphics are fantastic, especially with the night time courses!!

13. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

I am extremely excite for this game. Glad to hear good things about it!!

Dean, great idea with the Live tag in your sig!

14. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Actually, Dean Cooper needs to be credited with the idea. He is the one who made the graphic.

-Dean-