What's new

AUTO mode on DLS (1 Viewer)

Nater

Grip
Nater do you have a neighbor that could take delivery for you?

If you do, leave a detailed note for the UPS man/woman telling them to deliver to them and that you authorize the neighbor to sign & take delivery.
I do this all the time, as I am usualy gone when they try to deliver.
Well, their notice says "Signature required on delivery (in person)." So if they wouldn't even let me leave my signature so they could drop it off, would they let my neighbor sign for it?

Jay O

Auditioning
Just heard back from Eric and he got everything squared away, he is shipping me out a new amp.

I am impressed with PE customer service.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Brian

Seems Eric has authorized all defective auto on DLS amps to be mailed to me....:D

Aha kidding of course...

On a serious note though======>
Will take any defective amps that owners want to ship to me!
Email me and I will ~{pay shipping PLUS a few bucks/can talk about the $$-amount}~ for your trouble!

Regards
Geoff

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Nater

They have done this for me, can only say give it a try.

Better yet call your local UPS (have your tracing # and let them know what you want to do...

I'd still leave a note authorizig your neighbor to take delivery and sign. If they won't do it, guess you'll just have to wait.

Have a friend that could stay at your home and wait for delivery?
Just have him sign your name....

Trying to give you some ideas, hope one of them will work... I know it's killing you to wait for this thing...

Geoff

Jose G

Supporting Actor
You guys are so greedy- I just want one...that counts for something, right?:D

Geoff- the set up sounds much better and the 63Hz and 80Hz tones have been tamed. Thanks for asking.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Jose

So what kind off spl have you been able to achive on some movie material?

I know you have a screwy room but still curious what your able to achive with this little guy. You might go back to Steve nn's thread and run the same movie sections/spot that he did and see what you come up with. He was able to hit 106-db on a particular movie spot. Most likely a little distorion and harmonics involved in that max spl number, guessing well over 10% I'm sure.
That max spl# was (taken I belive at 3 feet from his listening position) but he said it sounded relativly clean.
That is still damn impressive from a little 10" 100-watt 99.00 dollar box.

I also sent you a very short email to see if your server is working/receiving yet.

Jay O

Auditioning
Tommy,

I emailed Eric around noon today CST. I have heard back from him a couple of times today.

Make sure you sent the email to the right place: [email protected]

hope this helps.

Jay

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Well, it was worth a shot. But I shoulda figured everybody else would jump on board. And then Geoff had to go an offer to actually BUY the dern things. :frowning: Don'tcha just love a free economy.

Anyway, I'd certainly be willing a pay a few bucks plus shipping for one of these. And remember I was the first to think of saving the poor, wretched things out of the goodness of my heart.

You can stop laughing now.

Kelvin Laffoon

Auditioning
Real Name
Kelvin
Hi Everyone,

Here's my experience with the DLS Sub. I ordered one way back in December. It worked great until along about Feb. 5. Seems that it would power up just fine but there was no output (except for an occasional "whump") for about 20-40 mins. until it was nice and warm, then it worked fine.

I contacted PE and they had me return the whole thing (they credited my card for the UPS shipping charges $19.25). Sent it off on the 10th, they got it on the 11th, I got it back on the 20th.:frowning:

The replacement has the AUTO ON/OFF problem. Contacted Eric via email at 12:03PM today. Got a reply at 2:39PM.

Thanks for getting with me on your DLS amps! The replacement system you received is one of the new batch having the AUTO/OFF problem. No need to ship anything back! I'm going to send a new amp out to you. You should be able to use the one you have now in ON mode until the new one arrives and you can swap them out of the cabinet. Then you can just toss that amp out, or do with it as you please when the new one arrives.

Thanks again! Let me know if you have further questions or
problems with this, or any other order or product from Parts Express.
Way to go Eric.:emoji_thumbsup:

Here's hoping this takes care of all issues.

Kelvin

NathanL

Agent
Err I emailed him last night about it and haven't got a reply yet...should I call him? Anyone know the ext. I would use to contact him or should I just ask any tech support person if I should or shouldn't ship mine old one in?

Yesterday around 3 they told me to ship it back but now they are saying to not ship it and they will just send one...

Jose G

Supporting Actor
I'll have to wait until I know the neighbor is out which isn't too easy being this is an apartment building. The hard part will be waiting for him and my wife and kid to be out at the same time. I don't have that star wars episode but I'll try to rent it this weekend. Unfortunately, my cousin just borrowed the three DVD titles that I do actually own- including LOTR, and the last Star Wars. I still have Brotherhood of the wolf and can see what I get on that- again I'll do this as soon as I can, which might be too long for many of you to wait, but I'll try.

Steve, you leave the Ratshack on slow when you do this for the average, right?

NathanL

Agent
I don't know but I just got a reply from Eric saying I don't need to ship it back to them and they will ship me a new amp right away.

How will I know that they actually have shipped it? Will I get a UPS tracking code or an email?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Hay Jose> Yes C-slow. Bet My DLS can beet your DLS... I am working on a whopper of a DLS if Brian has the technology and the know-how and lots of patience?.:D _________________
106 Fly-by is the NO. to beet Jose. No way you can't do it.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Steve,
I've noticed those emails between the two of you and had a feeling something good was cooking. Mmmm -intrigued I am.

"No way you can't do it." Mmmm- you meant no way I can do it, right? We'll this is incentive to get that movie rented pronto and throw the family out of the house- Yikes! That part might backfire on me- Oh, you guys and this forum is going to be the end of me!

Geoff- I emailed you back.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I will fill you in this weekend Jose. Your going to get yourself bumped out of that APT. you live in pronto. Don't come to my house for I am kicked out of the room myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks