What's new

Auto mechanics - Throttle Body? (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
can I expect a shop to do them for me?
The job to change the rotors on your vehicle pays 1.2, be sure to drop that on the Service Advisor when you speak to them. 1.2hrs translates to about $87-100.
An official Car Repair advice thread coming soon?:)
Bless

Brad_V

Second Unit
Has the actual paperwork been looked at yet to see what the dealer said about the throttle body? Sounds a bit made-up to me. (Funny part is, if it does need cleaning, it's probably because of the EGR valve spewing the crap in there. EGR valve is to help the environment, for those who don't know.)

And a dirty fuel filter at 41k miles? ...I guess. I often change mine around 100k miles, and they still seem to be just fine in most cases even on juiced-up turbo cars. Unless it's a clear one, kinda hard to tell if it's dirty anyway.

Me, I'd change the air filter and then go get another inspection somewhere else. There must be *some* place to do it other than a money-grubby dealer. Some of those places can talk a person into anything. "Oh, it's 60k miles, you automatically need new spark plug wires and all new belts and this and that...."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks