What's new

auto flag on the 3802?? (1 Viewer)

gene avallon

Stunt Coordinator
I dont understand this why does the book say off,what happens when its on and why a bad thing when on.heard my first dts es nice
gene
;)

rodney wiley

Second Unit
I hope Im understanding your question. If you leave the auto flag detect on it will enable the rear center for flagged material only. From what I have heard not all dvd's are flagged. If you leave it off you have to turn it on each and every time when there is rear center material present.

Eric T

Second Unit
If you leave auto-detect OFF, then you have to manually enable 6.1/7.1 when you are playing EX/ES material.

However, if you set it ON:
- It will automatically turn on your rear surrounds when it detects the flag.
- If it does NOT detect the flag, it will work according to the option you set for non-flag material.

On my 3802, I turned it ON, and set non-flag material to be played in matrix mode. So actually everything I play comes out in 6.1 for me. 5.1 material gets matrixed.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
The 3802 has a button on the remote you can use to switch on the fly with auto detect off. The button will cycle through sb off, 6.1 including matrix for non 6.1 material, and sb non matrix which plays the signal through the side and rear surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks