Auto Complete for search engines help!!!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Josh Campbell, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Josh Campbell

Josh Campbell Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I am not sure how to explain this, but I noticed that whenever I use a search engine, it "saves" my search query so that the next time I go to the search engine and enter a letter, it will pull up all the previous searches I have done beginning with that letter. I need to clear these out. Is there anyway to do that?

Reason being is I was looking at some adult stuff on google and when my 11 year old daughter went to our MSN homepage and typed in something for her homework on their search engine it came up with my searches with some "not so nice" words in them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    It sounds like you're using Internet Explorer with the AutoComplete feature turned on. Go to Tools->Internet Options, select the Content Tab. Then uncheck the AutoComplete options and click the Clear History button. That should do ya.

3. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

I'm sure there is a place to clear the whole thing but if you just click in the search box, then move your mouse over the offending entry and hit the delete key you can remove them one by one.

4. Josh Campbell

Josh Campbell Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the help guys. Both methods worked and i really appreciate it. My wife and daughter though it was hysterical and teased me about it mercilessly.
    "ooooh, looking for big t**s again?"