What's new

Authorized internet dealers? (1 Viewer)

Ryan_DS

Auditioning
I was recently shopping for a receiver online and ran across a thread on one of these forums indicating that you must purchase from an Authorized internet dealer or that company would not honor the waranty. I am currently deciding between a Kenwood VR-6070, Onkyo TX-SR600, and Denon 1803(AVR-883). I have found each for a fairly competitive price online, however i don't think any of them are Authorized internet dealers. I checked some of the authorized internet dealers and they all have their prices the same as a local circuit city or Best Buy. This completely defeats the purpose of buying online so i can save money.

My question is, are there any authorized internet dealers for the receivers listed above that aren't on the company's website? If i bought from an unauthorized website what would i do if i needed service on my receiver?

Please help me out guys. Has anyone bought a receiver from an unauthorized website and later needed service done under warranty? Did the company in question give any grief when it came to honoring the warranty?

Thanks all for your input.

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
Have you checked places like audioadvisor? They seem to be a good source of bargain receivers.

GregLee

Stunt Coordinator
6ave (which has the 6070 at a good price) is not on the Kenwood site's list of authorized internet dealers, yet it is shown by Kenwood's dealer locater (and 6ave claims to be an authorized dealer). Make of that what you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks