authorized denon dealer who discounts??any?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by stan mucha, Jan 2, 2003.

1. stan mucha

stan mucha Stunt Coordinator

Im looking dfor an authorized denon dealer who is willing to discount or price match the 1803.All of the authorized denon dealers i have seen,are asking $499.00.the cheapest i have found it is $357.93 from reliable audio and video,but they are not an authorized dealer....Can any one steer me in the wright direction??i want to have a warranty..Reliable claims to warranty the receiver them selves.

thanks
    stan

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

How about The Good Guys? They are an authorized Denon dealer, and the are currently running a 10% off sale. Yeah, they list the 1803 at $499.99 as well. But with the 10% off, you're down to approximately $450.00 and free shipping with no taxes. And that's including a factory warranty from Denon.

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I would see if your local dealer would be able to match the price of $450 - out the door (including tax.) I'm sure you shouldn't have an issue getting this accomplished.

Is there some reason your are interested in the Denon 1803? I'm not criticizing your decision - I love Denon, too. However, 6th Ave. has the Kenwood 6070 (THX Select certified) for approximmately $410 - shipped. Most people who have made comments about this receiver, have made favorable ones.

4. stan mucha

I can get it for $450.00 at my local shop..I really dont want to pay over $400.00 for it.I might end up buying it from a non dealer who offers warranties for purchase..I thought some one else may know a cheaper place to go..thanks'for the advice.

stan

5. stan mucha

I just checked out the good guys..they will only give you $25.00 off..i wont be buying it from them..How is denons quality?????

6. Jamey F

Jamey F Stunt Coordinator

ABT Electronics is where I purchased my 3803. I ordered it Monday night, so I haven't recieved it yet. They took off about 17% plus shipped it free. I would expect at least that much percentage off the 1803. I had to call 5 times to get them to deal that well for me, so don't give up on the first try if they don't want to deal. I even had them tell me they weren't authorized to sell over the internet even though Denon's sight says they are. I finally told them what I would pay, and my salesperson said, "We can do that." They shipped the next day. UPS is behind now so it should be early next week when I get it.

7. stan mucha

I just bought it through ABT.They gave me 15% off.i did have to pay sales tax,because i live in Indiana.never the less,its the best deal i could find while retaining the factory warranty..thanks for all of your help ....

stan

8. Jamey F

Jamey F Stunt Coordinator

Sounds good. Glad to be giving a bit back to the group.

Congratulations.