What's new

Authorized Dealer Warranty? (1 Viewer)

Mike_Sidden

Auditioning
Ok, I was told that if I don't buy my new Sony big screen TV from an "Authorized Sony Dealer", internet or locally, that Sony will not honor the One Year manufacturer’s warranty! IS THIS TRUE, or just some line that the Crutchfield sales guy was feeding me to get me to buy from them?

What’s the deal with buying from an authorized dealer? Are there advantages, disadvantages, or does it really matter?

Also, what’s everyone’s opinion on buying from either a local business, i.e. Best Buy, or from a highly reputable internet dealer? Obviously the online dealer can offer a better price, no tax, and usually free shipping, but if they're not an “Authorized Dealer”, does it really make a difference?; Especially if you buy an extended warranty through one of the extended warranty services such as Phillips?

Thanks,

Mike :)

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
Most companies will not honor the warranty unless it is purchased through an authorized dealer these days. If in doubt check Sony's web site and they should have a statement to explain their policy. Because the internet makes it easier for a thief to unload stolen gear, companies have taken this stance to help control the quality of product that is sold. And at the same time they ensure they make money as well.

I do not know if I would buy a TV over the internet authorized or not. I do not think you will find a lot of Free shipping on large TV because of their size. And if you have to return it you have to pay for that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks