What's new

Author of "Last Unicorn" in the midst of Legal Battle with Studios (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
http://www.conlanpress.com/youcanhelp/
http://www.sequentialtart.com/cv_1205_6.shtml

For those that don't know, Peter S. Beagle was the original scriptwriter & developer for the Rank & Bass versions of Lord of the Rings. (For which he was not paid minimums). He also sold the studio rights to his book "The Last Unicorn" which, though a box office failure, has been a success in selling to television networks, DVD, etc.

So far, Beagle has received zero from his studio.

Kind of sad, actually. I had thought about different forums to put this in, so if it needs to move that's fine.

Beagle's contribution to the film community, and the fact that this is a battle specifically over $ owed over one film (The Last Unicorn) should be rewarded.

In the matter of LOTR, Salentz and others turned around and sold out the scripts and writes to other groups for the current versions, as well as a revenue-kickback which went to them.. not to mention increased sales of their animated version and higher demand for them from cable networks.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
there is a movie in pre-pro of this with beagle as writer.
"Christopher Lee and Rene Auberjonois (as the Skull) are reprising roles they did voices for in The Last Unicorn (1982)."

also its jules bass and arthur rankin jr aka Rankin/Bass.

i still havent purchased the reg 1 version because it appears to be mar'd.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, it has been a LONG time since I heard plans of remaking "The Last Unicorn". I always thought it was somewhat questionable that they were going to do a live-action remake with the same actors.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks