Authentic Criterion OOP disc?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Elias, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Steve Elias

Steve Elias Stunt Coordinator

Is the evidence offered by this seller (the photo of the UPC tag) enough to verify the authenticity of this disc? Also, what is good/fair price for an authentic Hard Boiled Criterion DVD? Thanks for any insight you can offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2289

-Steve

2. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

Well, I would start by reading any feedback from previous customers.

3. Brendan Brown

Brendan Brown Stunt Coordinator

UPC matches, if it isn't the real deal, I'd imagine you could get him into serious trouble.

4. muskie

muskie Agent

I bought a fake Hardboiled from coffeetealover on eBay. She/he sold a number of them plus other fake asian movies out of Toronto.

Of course they had a no refund policy and were a real prick about it. I disputed it with Mastercard, because the word "authentic" was not in the ad, Mastercard sided with them and refused to refund my money, after Mastercard advised me to ship it back at my cost.

I was out two ways shipping plus X(40+) American dollars for the DVD and had nothing to show. eBay was useless, they are no help at all I and others all complained about this one person eBay did nothing and still has done nothing. They have since ripped off a number of other people with the same scam. Whether it is a fake or not eBay makes money if it is listed with them. Perhaps I should have contacted criterion as well. There are a lot of fake DVDs on eBay.

I'm still pissed about the whole thing, I plan to put up some sort of hate page about the whole subject, I cancelled my mastercard the whole nine yards. It is a huge waste of time and money I doubt I would buy a DVD on eBay again.

This looks legit though, I new of fakes, saw a small picture, the key is feedback. If someone has even one negative in the last little while just move on, no matter how much you want something it isn't worth the risk. There are a lot of eBay scams.

Muskie

5. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

I'm no expert, but it looks real to me. When I bought Hard Boiled a long time ago, it had the same silver "Special Edition" sticker on it.