What's new

International Australian-released Gidget Collection - finally in OAR??!! (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I bought this set today and have spot-checked it. The original "Gidget" looks to be in a 2:35 aspect (it was shot in CinemaScope) and the first 2 sequels "Hawaiian" and "Rome" are in 1:85.

Shock Entertainment is releasing this, via their new licensing deal with Sony. Currently its retailing for AU$25. I'm very happy to have these films in their original aspects, or closer than they were in the Sony set from several years ago.

167981-L-LO.jpg

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv...-sale/classics/gidget-film-collection/889434/

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Byron this set differs from the set you refer to from USA years ago(which had at least one faulty disc in it) in that the US set did not include Gidget Gets Married. Thus I will see what gives at JBHiFi which is around corner from me and I have some e-vouchers to use. $25 is a good deal for four films. Thanks for announcing it.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Are they region free?

I hope they get The Trouble With Angels one of these days, another one that Sony screwed up.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Are they region free?

I hope they get The Trouble With Angels one of these days, another one that Sony screwed up.
Back of the box states "Region 4". Shock are normally upfront when something is region free, so I tend to believe the box.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
If somebody is able to do comparisons on screencaps that would be fantastic. I also own the R1 Sony set but sadly do not have the facilities to do screencaps.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Shock AU is known for quality blu-rays, as well. They were the first to release a nice looking Taras Bulba years ago. Wonder if they might be considering a Gidget blu-ray set.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Shock AU is known for quality blu-rays, as well. They were the first to release a nice looking Taras Bulba years ago. Wonder if they might be considering a Gidget blu-ray set.
If the HD elements have been provided to them, I would not be surprised. Sadly their 'Hollywood Gold' Blu-ray range has not been updated in some time. I hope they haven't finished it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks