What's new

Austin Powers Snappers Goodbye! (1 Viewer)

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Couldn't find any other thread on this one, so I'm going ahead anyway.
New Line is reissuing Austin Powers 1 and 2 in colored keepcases. IMOM will be the same cover art in a green keepcase and SWSM will be in a red keepcase. I'm gonna post a link, so I hope it comes up alright. You may have to dig!
http://www.sixfootstudios.com/newlin...ber/buzzad.htm
Kudos to New Line for giving the preverbial middle finger to big brother AOL/TW yet again ( and going forward)!!
Matt

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So I'm supposed to buy it again just to get a keepcase? They ought to give free case upgrades if you provide proof of purchase.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
At least it's a start. Hopefully they will do a re-call and send these new cases to stores.

I looked all over that web site, and nowhere did I see a mention of this information.

Stephen Fagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen Fagan
It's under the "Franchise" section. It takes a while to get through the animations, so here's a pic:

Brenton

Screenwriter
Call me crazy, but I may consider re-buying Spy (I don't even have the first yet, so that won't be a "re-" buy).

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Just out of curiosity, who would be willing to replace their snappers with keepcases by purchasing them directly from Warner Bros. for a buck or two a piece should the snapper-to-keepcase conversion spread outside of the New Line division? I don't know if they would ever do anything like this but it would be nice.

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
I would.

I have the first Austin, and I'll definitely pick up the keepcase version to replace my snapper. I really hate snappers that much. And I'll pick up a keepcase version of Shagged at the same time, since I don't have that one yet.

When are these coming out? In conjunction with Goldmember?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'd be comfortable paying $5 (including shipping) each for keepcases with cover art. C'mon New Line, please? :)

Eric Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Thank God I held off on buying the first two Austin Powers movies. Time to go and buy that trilogy box set.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Like Eric, I'm really glad I kept putting off these purchases. I'll definitely be getting all 3 of these.

Thanks, New Line.

Wes C

Supporting Actor
Im glad I havent bough the first one yet, odd how just a case can make me want a DVD more.

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
If nothing else, they should at least offer high-res files of the keepcase covers and inserts for those converted from snappers, available for download.

Wanna re-package my copies of Detroit Rock City, The Player, Pleasantville, Pump Up the Volume, and State & Main. Wow, I didn't realize how few NewLine pics I had in snappers! Boogie Nights, Se7en, and LOTR (when the time comes) I'll leave be.

Back on my meds,

CS

Rafael M

Agent
I don't mind keeping the snap case but if I could sell Austin Powers and the Spy Who Shagged Me both for $30 CAN then I guess I'll buy the new keep case DVD's.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind keeping the snap case but if I could sell Austin Powers and the Spy Who Shagged Me both for $30 CAN then I guess I'll buy the new keep case DVD's.
if you get the new ones, you might think about getting the american versions if you don't want french on the covers...

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, colored keep cases are pretty cheap and custom covers based off the snappers are already available. Once the keep versions are out those scans will also be available.

Good printer, good photo paper, works like a charm. I know I altered my Bonds some time ago with the nice poster art versions someone made.

Now in regards to IMOM, I only have the LD still so maybe this will bump me to finally buy the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks