What's new

Austin Powers 3 trailer - Mini Austin! (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
The audience in my theater busted out laughing, especially at him trying to flip into his car and landing on his back.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I would have much preferred a Sprockets movie than another Austin Powers movie. Mike Myers is a funny man, but its time for some new material Mikey. This just seems like going to the well once too often.

Sprockets could have worked well, but alas, we may never know.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I thought it was dumb. I see that Fat Bastard is in it again. There were some laughs in the cinema I was at though.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Both LOTR showings I went to the trailer played right before the film and the crowds barely got their laughing under control for the start of the film. Actually it was the New Line logo that immediately killed the laughter, like "oh, movie, time to get serious" :)
They should have put the unrecieved "Signs" trailer last instead.

Michael Silla

Second Unit
I was kinda uncomfortable watching the trailer. Didn't seem funny to me. Other's in the theatre laughed but you could tell it was kind of an "uncomfortable" laughter.

Full thumbs up to Spiderman though. That trailer was EXCELLENT.

Michael.

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Had the Austin Powers teaser on screen last night befoer FOTR. Zero reaction from the audience - and, personally, a BIG :thumbsdown: from me. I will not go see it; I found Austin Powers 2 to already be so, well, blah from its ingenious original it was not worth getting the DVD, or seeign it twice.
Blade II, OTOH, looked very interesting!
Mike

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Well the audience at my showing did laugh at it - the biggest laugh came from the Goldmember title though.

Darn it - we didn't get a Spiderman trailer at our showing!

DanR

Supporting Actor
Guys, relax, they justed started filming a few weeks ago, so they probably don't have a lot of footage yet. This is simply a teaser and a play on the opening credits of the first movie.

For those of you thinking there won't be that many midgets in the movie, I think you may be in for a surprise. The casting calls that went out last Fall were looking for "mini" versions of many characters in the series, including Austin, No. 2, etc, etc.

Personally, I liked this teaser. It got it's point across and most people I know were laughing at it. That said, one person who was laughing said, "It's amazing. How many times can they make the same thing funny. They keep making it work." So, maybe this is just getting "old" for some of you?

Regards,

Dan

Tim RH

Second Unit
PLEASE READ:
Did nobody get the real joke in this teaser? Sure there was "isn't it time for a LITTLE Austin", but the real funny part was calling it "Mini Austin" which is a pun on a famous British car called an Austin Mini! I guess that just flew over the heads of every American. ;)
END OF NOTE.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Another note to Mr. Meyers:
TRY SOMETHING NEW!
Geepers...nothing like milking an idea! One would think he would try something fresh and original rather than beating this dead horse. I recall an interview with Mike when he was talking about how he came up with the idea and was going around his house talking like Austin Powers to his wife. She quickly told him to stop because it was bugging her. He should really listen to his wife! :)
One sees all the funny characters he came up with on SNL and I just can't imagine why he does not try something new.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I think it was an okay teaser... not THAT funny, but i got a few chuckles... i was a little worried when all i saw was Mini-austin...

Luc Labelle

Agent
Rewatching the teaser a second time, I noticed after the Goldmember opening credit sequence Mini-Austin's subtitle read
Perhaps this is a another subtle not-so-subtle reference to Attack of the Clones, playing along with the "If you see 2 movies this summer" line.
While not gut-busting funny in any way, I like the franchise for its colors. The rich pallette of colors makes it so easy to watch these movies over and over and over again.
Seriously though, I find these movies to have a great repeat watchability. Even watching the teaser each time I catch nuances of parody and self-parody... but then if I had a better attention span I might catch it all the first time :).

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
I think the delivery of this is half the humor. I wasnt expecting it AT all and when it popped up on the screen, I was confused at first(was it an Austin Powers Spin off or true AP sequel) but still found it pretty funny

-Damien

Jody C Robins

Stunt Coordinator
Thought the trailer was hilarious. So did most of the crowd in the theater. I thought recreating the opening scene of the first movie, but with little people, was a creative idea. The band and car were esp awesome. I was just disappointed he didn't redo the scene where he is reading the magazine with his picture on the cover.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
goldmember.jpg

:laugh:

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who found this trailer positively creepy? Yech. I definitely won't be wasting my time on this unless it hauls in some outstanding reviews.

Bruce

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Having seen this four times now in front of 4 LOTR viewings, I am able to say that a few people did laugh at Fat Bastard on the 4th viewing, but I suspect that was nervous laughter out of disgust more than being genuinely amused. But three jampacked theaters before that found zero humor. Sack those responsible for this trailer!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks