What's new

Austin Movie Nights! (1 Viewer)

Ian B

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Leroy, every once in a blue moon, like tonight, I come here and see what is going on. It appears that not much is going on and have not heard from Nils, Jonathan or the others for a while.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Ian B

Leroy R

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, it's too bad. I really enjoyed the activities with the group. Christmas was great. Spent it with my kids, mom, brother and niece in Phoenix. New Years was pretty uneventful. I spent it working on my bathroom remodel and finished off by watching a couple movies and was in bed before midnight even rolled around.

Leroy R

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still around for now. I had my IB sub installed for a while, but now that I am planning to sell the house I took it back out.

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, forgot all about this forum and just popped on, haven't been here in 2.5 years!! Wow, time flies. I hope everyone is doing well. I still talk to Scott Oliver and a couple of others.

Maybe we should try and get a meet going again??

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
Hey everyone, long time no chat. I hope all is well. Thought I'd pop-in and mention that I have 6 authentic theater seats for sale, plus spare parts for repair. $300 for everything (i.e $50/seat, though I'd rather sell them as a set). If you've been to my place in the last couple of years, they're the seats in the back row of the theater.

They were never actually in a theater--they spent the first years of their life in a synagogue, so there's no gum or butter spills on them. Since I've had them, they've been sat in maybe a couple dozen times. We're updating the theater and putting in more plush sofa seating in the back, so I need to get rid of the seats. I'll post a photo later today when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Jonathan

P.S. Anyone doing a 2.35:1 constant image height setup?

Bunk

Auditioning
Real Name
Tomi
Jonathan DA said:
Hey Nils, nice photo!
As for the calendar, Mirus' web developer said she'll write a Calendar function for us. Probably be after the new year, though. I have a few other things in mind as well, should be spiff.
What do you mean?

Leroy R

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Jonathan,

How's your wife? Last time we talked it sounded like she was pretty sick. If I was sticking around, I might take you up on that seating, but I am going to be off to Michigan in the next couple months. With the relocation costs, my budget is pretty tight. I actually got my IB sub built and installed, but had to take it back out. Realtor did not believe it would be a good selling point. Shipped it up to my house in Michigan and will install it there when I get there.

Doug E T

Auditioning
Jonathan DA said:
P.S. Anyone doing a 2.35:1 constant image height setup?
I am going to be, but it may take a little while to get it all set up.
I have a Lumagen RadianceXD coming soon for my RS-1.
First, I figure I will get a new bulb, break it in, then fix the oversaturation.
Does anyone know a good place to get a colorimeter?
Next I will get a frame for the SMX material I have. I put it up on a temporary frame a year or so ago, but took it down and started using my HiPower, since the temporary frame was a kluge.
Then, I will be doing CIH, either with or without my old, original panamorph lens.
I figure all that might get done by the end of the summer.
It will be wider than some will like. My eyeballs on the first row will be about 11 feet from a 12 foot wide screen.
Doug

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
Dr. J, Nils, Mr. Dunn and the whole ATX group,

It's been a very long time.

Since the change of this forum, it's been pretty weird that I came back and see what its all about.

Good to hear from Dr. J!

Leroy - stinks your leaving us, but homes in MI are rock bottom! I bet you can get a GREAT House for the money out there. Lucky you!! Get ready for them cold winters.

Either way, I just wanted to drop in and say hi and hope to meet everyone like the good ol days.

Take care,

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
Still around - it's been crazy this year. I sold my house and moved to a rental temporarily. Now I am preparing to buy a different place in Pflugerville and get the theater set up again...

Leroy R

Stunt Coordinator
I sold my house here in Texas, but I am still around for now. Living in Manor until I can find a job in Michigan. Lots of free time on my hands if anyone is planning any movie nights. Having back surgery next week, but will be up for anything after that.

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Colin Dunn
Still around - it's been crazy this year. I sold my house and moved to a rental temporarily. Now I am preparing to buy a different place in Pflugerville and get the theater set up again...
Cool to hear from ya.
So, did you ever own or purchase that home you were talking about in Leander??
I just sold mine about 6-months ago and living in a TownHome right now. We too are looking to purchase another home, but looking in Round Rock (not sure why, but love the community we're checking out)
I am looking at a living room HT and no more dedicated, I figure w/ costs of utilities and usage of the dedicated HT, it really was not worth it.
But not to worry, I'll still make room for my mfw-15 ;)
Until then, we'll get together in the near future.
So what-ever happen to Nils Luehrmann??

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
GTG winter 2009?

Anyone?

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/107615/hey-austin-texas-buddies-can-anyone-help-me-out/960#post_3618830

maxjackdaniel

Auditioning
Real Name
Max Ramchand
Hello guys,

I am new to this forum....does the Austin group still meet up?? would love to hook up with fellow HT owners...

Max

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks