What's new

Austin HTF Poker Thread (1 Viewer)

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Very light drinking for me. I think I might have been the big winner for the night by a little bit. I bought in for $10 and took home $23. Too long ago to remember any particulars. I do remember one hand where I folded the best hand due to a fear of Dave? hitting a set on the river. The board was J,10,10 and low cards. I had AJ and Dave ended up having KJ. It was like a $10 dollar pot. He was first to act and checked every round at which time I bet a good amount and he kept calling then when the second 10 hit, he led out with a large bet. Odds seemed good that he had just been calling down with second pair, then struck gold.

That was Friday night, Saturday night I went out to a cash tourney hosted by some people from Fado's and played some excellent poker. There were about 18 players and it was an all you can eat re-buy tourney for the first hour. Several folks bought in like 6 times, I bought in once and for the minimum buy-in at that. I ended up chopping first place with another guy at about 1:30 in the morning.

Then to continue my good play streak I finished fifth out of 60 at Fado's on Monday night.

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Wow this is an old thread. :) I posted the invitation on the movie night thread, but am posting here just in case.

Was thinking of hosting a poker night on Friday. Any interest? I just realized it is Easter weekend, so folks may have plans. But, if we can gather a critical mass, lets do it. Otherwise maybe next weekend? I have a new poker table that I'd like to break in properly!

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Sat. night works better for me, too. By Friday, I should know if we have a critical mass and will send out directions via PM.

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Looks like we've reached a critical mass if you two are still in. 8pm on Saturday. I'll PM you with our address.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks