What's new

Austin City Limits Comes Home (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
coming next week:

Recorded September 12, 1986

Recorded June 21, 2002

Recorded June 17, 2003

Recorded August 22, 2001

Available for the first time ever, the LIVE FROM AUSTIN, TEXAS concert series features previously unreleased performances from the award winning AUSTIN CITY LIMITS television show. Taken from the full concerts that were edited into the half hour TV show, these performances have been re-mixed and re-mastered in stereo and 5.1 surround sound to provide the highest quality concert DVDs.

I just finished watching the Flatlanders dvd ("over the line Smokey" ;) ) and am grinning from ear to ear

bless you New West :emoji_thumbsup:

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
On a related note, in my city ACL is now available in Hi Def.

Not sure if its been that way for a while, but the last few episodes had been SD letterboxed, but the Michael MacDonald show was real 16x9 HD.

Looks like the next show will be Sheryl Crowe also listed as HD.

Having said that, the close cameras look good, but the longshots from back in the crowd may not really be HD. Well, in this case, 1/2 a loaf is better than no loaf.

BGL

John Watson

Screenwriter
Thanks for the notice. I remember Jimmie Dale Gilmore on Austin City once, and I hope they do some of his stuff on the Flatlanders disk.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
ACL'S not available in HD yet in chicago[but i did email wttw asking them when will it be...as soon as i know you'll know]....they're now being shown in widescreen[not HD]

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Next up in this series of DVDs:
Lucinda Williams
Richard Thompson
Leonard Cohen

DanaA

Screenwriter
I was wondering if the Richard Thompson one would come out. I remember seeing that and marveling how he could so adeptly maneuver his fingers on the guitar threads so well. Also, Lucinda Williams, whom I first heard on a Steve Earle CD is simply an amazing singer, so that too will be on my wish list. I'm very picky about my music and Earle, Thompson, and Williams are all great ones in my book.

Leonard Cohen might also be considered. Anyone see that particular show? His voice is pretty on/off these days.

These are some fantastic talents here.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Well, yeah, I was at the taping.
If I recall correctly this was shortly after the release of I'm Your Man.
It was remarkable and I wasn't the only one that thought so, the show got a strong response from viewers, most of whom had never heard of him before and wanted a copy of the show. Which they could NOT have, unless they had thought to tape the broadcast.
And now they'll be able to.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Thanks a lot Henry. Kind of makes me wish they'd just put out a box set, which, I suppose might eventually happen. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks