What's new

Aura Pro Bass Shakers $38.88 each (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
At $38.88 each I just picked myself up a pair, and a pair as a gift. Thought I'd let you all in on this great deal.

Aura Pro Bass Shakers @ Parts Express

Let me know if any of you do get any. I'd like to know if I helped someone out with this info I stumbled across.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Hmmm...They used to be $25 each at Parts Express. I bought two for my couch over a year ago and boy do they definitely enhance the viewing/listening experience!

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I thought that the ones that used to be $25. were not the Pro models but the plain old Aura Bass Shakers? cause at $25. that would be a steal!

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
How many of these are needed for a HT? Would 2 per row work or do I need one per seat? For example I will have 1 2-3 seat on concrete and another 3-4 seater on a riser, Can I put 2 in the front row and to in the back row? And for the back row do I need to mount in the seats or will it be OK to mount on the riser?

thnx

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Mike, I got a pair of the Aura Pro shakers to install in my leather couch. (2 work good enough for that), but you may want to check these out Tactile Sound Transducer. From what I hear, those transducers really kick ass.
Is your first row (2-3 seats) connected to each other? if so, two properly placed shakers would work. otherwise, you may need one each. for the seats on the riser, you can bolt down the transducer underneath, and it is more than enough for that row alone. They have more of a frequency range (including lower Hz for deeper bass frequencies) and handle more power. Im sure if you do a search on the forum for them, you will find more information about them. I dont know a lot about them, I just heard about them this past weekend.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
How do these things perform? They don't actually add more bass, correct?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I've had a pair of the $25 auro bass shakesr for 3 years now bolted to my couch. Since I'm in an apartment, I can't have a massive subwoofer. These babies have given me that big subwoofer feel, without disturbing the neighbors.

Just ordered two of the pros to swap out. I'll take the old ones and mount them to my computer chair. :D

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Jason, did you end up getting the Pro's? Im curious to know if there is a noticable difference between the two.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I got them, and they are about a size and a half bigger than my old aura's. I haven't hooked them up to the couch yet, but I did hook them up out in the open and they bounced around plenty with a few dvd tests. There isn't a huge difference in the amount they bounced but the extra large heatsinks on the pros should at least keep the temps down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks