What's new

Aura Bass Shaker Pros (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
Who has the best price on the Aura Bass Shaker Pro models?

I am already aware of the PE sale on the 25watt version, but they are underpowered in my opinion...

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Look at it this way - you can buy a BUNCH of the $15/each ones from Parts Express...

I've got four under one couch, and I'm thinking of either wiring couch #2, or putting four more in the back and sides of couch #1...

Keith M.

Second Unit
Yeah, but that route does not fit into the dedicated HT wiring scheme. I have 1 speaker wall plate installed and am using an AudioSource mono block to power these. Using multiple cheaper shakers requires a very high ohm load or a more expensive stereo amp...

Thanks for the suggestion though...

Anyone have a good price on the pros?

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Using multiple cheaper shakers requires a very high ohm load or a more expensive stereo amp
You can adjust the parallel/series wiring of multiple shakers so that the amp sees a 4 ohm load.

1 pair in series = 8 ohms
2 of the 8 ohm pairs wired parallel = 4 ohms
2 of the 4 ohm groups of 4 shakers wired series = 8 ohms

Then finally, 2 of the 2 ohm series, wired parallel group of 4 wired series parallel to 2 of 4 of 8 grouped in 2s biamped seperately to see 4 ohms with a zobel network = hurting my head.

hehe

If you have a 2 channel receiver, can you bridge them?

Keith M.

Second Unit
Chris:

My mind is now fried after reading that post! :D

I think Ill stick w/ 2 Pros.

Ive been checking ebay, but they never show up when Im ready to buy. :thumbsdown:

Ill check right now!!

Randall Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, this is my first post here. (Is there a forum I should
post my 'first post' in?)

I havn't checked pack at PE, but I did remember that there
is a store that sells the Bass Shakers pretty cheap. But
they are the 25 watt (RMS) version.

Click Here!

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Don't worry - Chris _really_ made my brain hurt... and I've been reading about power tapering for a possible line array... Hmm...

I've got two 8-ohm units (each two shakers) under my couch, and they're paralleled at a 100 watt plate amp for a 4 ohm load. Amp is turned _maybe_ a third of the way up. I could parallel each pair (2 ohm "units") and then series 'em for the same 4 ohm load - Chris, would there be a difference?

What is more important than "raw power" is making sure that they're securely bolted to the furniture. The small ones fit nicely - dunno about the larger ones.

I was running 'em off an old Marantz 2230 - Only thing you really need to do is make sure that your amp/receiver works down to 20hz and puts out around 25 or so watts per channel.

MattD

Stunt Coordinator
Get the Aura Bass Shaker Pros from Partsexpress. ~$25 each. Search for part number 299-028 for the black and 229-029 for the grey ones.

Matt

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
Is there such a thing as supplying too much wattage to the bass shakers? Their wattage ratings are pretty low 25/35 watts for the standard bass shakers and 50/75watts for the pro version.

I'd like to use a couple on an extra channel of my 110 watt(8 ohms)amp, but I'm a little concerned that exceeding the wattage rating may cause problems down the road.

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin,

I wouldn't worry too much about over powering the Aura Pro bass shakers, they are I feel very conservatively rated. I am driving mine in series off of one side of a QSC RMX2450 with no problems. Just don't get carried away with your gain controls.

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,

Thanks. I don't have any gain controls on the amp (Harman Kardon Signature 2.1) I plan on using.

I intend on splitting the LFE channel between the subs and bass shakers, so the only gain control I have would be through the preamp (Lexicon MC-8). The sub levels are calibrated properly and I typically don't listen anywhere near reference level so I'm guessing I'll be alright?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks