Aura Bass Shaker Mounting

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by DanielKellmii, Mar 3, 2004.

1. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

Does anybody have any pics of how they mounted there Aura Bass Shakers to there sofa? I know that I have seen some, and I tried a search but didn't come up with anything.

I have 5 inches of clearance underneath my sofa. I was thinking about screwing the shakers into some 1/2 inch plywood and then screwing the plywood onto the wooden frame of the sofa. (Then run like hell when my wife realizes what I did.) It seems pretty simple to me, but is there something I am overlooking?
    Thanks

2. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

Has anybody tried mounting the shakers in the corners of there sofa. I was thinking about mounting one on each back corner of the sofa. That way, I can make a triangular mounting frame that would allow for some movement of the shaker parts. I read that in another thread somewhere.
    Thanks

3. Matthew-K

Matthew-K Stunt Coordinator

I have a sectional that I mounted my auras on. I have two aura pros that are mounted directly to the sofa frame, and they perform great.

4. Gary*B

Gary*B Auditioning

This is my 1st post here, but I'd like to try & help out. I have a couple of PDF files that show how to mount them as well as ButtKickers. Not too sure how to attach them in here, but e-mail me & I can send them to you. [​IMG]

5. JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen Second Unit

Mounting them to the plywood, then the sofa frame will work perfectly. I've never understood the people who have posted about mounting the shakers in a "loose" configuration, seems like a waste of kinetic energy. The mounting "pad" on the bottom of the shakers is cork, and is meant to be placed directly on the surface you want "shaken." Mount them like you mentioned, don't tell the wife, and fire up a great movie (she will smile at the effects!!!)
    JP