What's new

Aura Bass Shaker AST-2B-4 (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone,

I am interested in buying a pair of Aura Bass Shaker (AST-2B-4) and was wondering if a seperate amplifier is absolutely necessary or could I just hook them up to my receiver or to my subwoofer's output ?

Thanks,

Dave

rob-h

Second Unit
Yes, you need a seperate amplifier. You will split the sub out from your receiver and take it to this amp. Then the amp is connected to the bass shakers. They are passive transducers and require amps the same way a passive sub would.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

But I am wondering ... My Sub is an Active sub... couldn't I just plug the Bass Shaker(s) to the Sub's output ?

Dave

rob-h

Second Unit
Huh? I am pretty sure your sub does not have an active output. It MAY have a line level pass thru.

Your subs amp is matched to the enclosed subwoofer. Its job is to power it. You need another amp to power these transducers.

Thanks verymuch,

That is the kind of clear answer I was looking for!

Guess I'll start looking for an AMP for these. Anything to suggest ?

rob-h

Second Unit
I have the older model bass shakers and run them with plate amps from Parts Express. You can hook them to an old receiver if you happen to have one. I like to make sure the amp just makes the power required for the bass shakers so that I know if someone hits the adjustments they will not be over driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks