What's new

Audyssey mt32.. and speaker setting(largevssmall) (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Maybe you can give me some insight here audyssey seemed to turn all the channels down to let's say -2 or -3 except the right rear surround was -6.5. wouldn't it make more sense to work at 0 ? What I am saying is most of the channels we about --6 and -7... So why not leave those just at 0? Seems like it's really going backwards with the levels..I have to turn the volume up to 50 for normal listening volume..seems about overboard
It makes absolutely zero difference. You could raise the calibration levels of all the speakers by 5dB and then your equal playback volume would be 5 dB lower, but it wouldn't make any difference except that the playback volume would be 5dB lower. It's not like you're losing power or anything. People tend to confuse volume levels with power. They have no relation to each other. I'd just leave it how it is, though you can make adjustments to some individual levels to increase or decrease them for personal preference, like you've done. You might want dialog a little louder, so you turn up the center channel, for example.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
I don't use autoEQ Audyssey multeq xt32. Largerly due to type of set-up. I mainly manual EQ the system with microphone and RTA thou slow it maybe but results can be a personal sort of thing or maybe not personal. If you see what I mean of course?

Manual EQ can take hours or a few days. AutoEQ is for those that maybe don't want spend hours/days doing it manually. Even with matched speakers it still takes some hours/days. The HF horns have to tonally sound the same and look the same as possible with RTA and gain level adjustments EQ bands adjusted and going back to listen to the other HF horn, where's autoEQ doesn't allow me to pause and check the other speaker. Got let it do the AutoEQ for 15mins so and then its question if it sounds spot on which is never the case even with matched speakers. I found AutoEQ, it added far too much harshness to my JBL horns. Being that it added a bit a hump boast in part of the middle highs and just gave up on using AutoEQ.

Manual EQ is how nearly all the best cinemas I have heard and some few that was ear bending!

Even the bass channels have to tonally sound the same with same broad rumble to middle bass without any honky-ness that I eliminate with some PEQ filter cuts to shape the tonal bass to sound as near close to all the rest. Then its gotta match the surrounds bass as well so its seamless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks