What's new

Audrey Tautou - Cut & Paste Babe???? (1 Viewer)

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Check out these cover art on these two different flicks.
Could she be the next "Where's Waldo"? :)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Don't know about Venus Beauty Institute, but I've seen Happenstance and she is one of about a dozen characters, none of whom have more than ~15 minutes of screen time. That she should be feature all by herself on the cover art is very misleading.
Plus the fact that it was released in France the year BEFORE Amelie, and it's basically an attempt to cash in on her success with that film.
Here's what looks like the North American release poster art, also misleading (note the Amelie references), but at least the photo appears to be taken from the actual movie.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
does anybody else think she looks kinda like Mercedes Rhuel? much nicer, but there's a resemblance :P

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Could she be the next "Where's Waldo"?
Man, she IS everywhere - not only is she on those covers, but she just left my house! :D
In all seriousness, she does have an endearing screen presence and I hope to see her in more films. Funny that she has the same first name as another actress with whom she shares such similar physical traits. Love 'em both!

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Doesn't anyone notice that the 2 pix are the same. They just drew in a different dress. Look at her necklace.

*edit* actually it's the same dress - they just made it a different color!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
This is as good a place as any to discuss the non-American actresses of the summer (I was gonna start a thread, but Al gave me the lead-in). Well, maybe not Audrey, but I just saw Amelie, so give me a break - one lady has to be at home, you know (bad, unintentional humor).

Franka Potente in The Bourne Identity (great film) - incredible presence and grace on screen, even when she's clumsy.

Audrey Tautou in Amelie (DVD - I am slow) - what can I say? If you've seen it, you know. If you haven't, you should, and you'll figure it out. Pure magic.

Samantha Morton in Minority Report (another great film) - she's a real jolt in this, also an incredible presence, who takes the screen away from a very good Cruise.

As a Yank, frequently subjected to cookiecutter Maxim "It" actresses, these three women (German, French, and English) are a real breath of fresh air. All 3 are classic beauties, and completely light up the screen. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm.

Take care,
Chuck

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Man, Chuck, you and I are on the same wavelength. I just saw Bourne last night and Amelie on DVD the night before (saw it at the theater too), and I was thinking the same thing about the two of them. How great they are, not to mention how beautiful. They are both exactly my type of girl.
Franka has great lips and cheeks, IMO of course. And eyes. They both have great eyes.
Of course an awesome foreign accent doesn't hurt. :)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
For a great Samantha Morton, check out Sweet and Lowdown. She plays a mute, and STILL manages to hold her own on screen with Sean Penn! Great stuff. I think she might have been Oscar nominated for the role. Can't remember. Too lazy to check IMDB. ;) I haven't come across Franka yet, but I'm looking forward to it from what you guys have said. Regarding Amelie, I saw it 3 times in the cinema, I've had the French version since its release date, and my region 1 copy is currently en route to my door. Nuff said. :D

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Audrey Hepburn... :::GUSH:::

There truly is nothing like classic beauty.

I plan on renting Amelie tonite and I am really looking forward to it.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Paul...she was nominated, and I do need to see it.
Seth, I had just seen your rave about TBI (very much deserved).
I had thought about starting a thread to celebrate these actresses last night.
Hence my post in Al's thread. Seth nailed it...the eyes, the eyes, the eyes! Franka is SO believeable in that film. Vulnerable without being weak, honest without being cloying, and strong without being overbearing. She carries the emotional weight of the story with her face. Samantha is just incredible...everything I said about Franka's performance goes equally for her. She's holding Anderton up emotionally (although she might not know it) just as much as he holds her up physically. And Audrey, in a very different kind of film, just owns it. She's impish, innocent, and wonderful all at once. In a mythical Paris that could only live in a movie, she is the mythical girl (of course she's a waitress, of course she looks like Audrey Hepburn) we all dream about.
One thing they had in common...I fell in love with every one within moments of seeing them.
Take care,
Chuck
P.S. If Audrey is the next Waldo, I'll be happy to look high and low for her:)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
The thing I love about Samantha Morton is that she is so without ego. I doubt Spielberg could've found a single actress in Hollywood who was willing to present herself in such an unflattering way. Shaven head, distraut and wimpering for almost the entire duration of her performance. The remarkable thing, is that she really did seem beautiful in the film. It shows that with a truly beautiful person, they'll still be beautiful even at their worst. She is a special talent, and latest in a long-list of brlliant British actresses.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
I strongly agree about Franka Potente. Amazing, talented, great screen presence. I mean, try to imagine Run Lola Run with any other actress. It wouldn't even be a movie.
Paul, you're dead on about Samantha Morton. That's the true measure of beauty: if someone can still shine in unforgiving circumstances.

Nathan

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
They do that all the time. Project is done and held, or is being re-released. Since when it was finished, one or more actors who had minor roles have become sensations or hit it big, and suddenly they're featured prominently in the advertising for the movie.
Blue Juice did this, as one example I can think of. The lead is Sean Pertwee, with his girlfriend played by Catherine Zeta Jones and a troublesome old pal by Ewan McGregor. Whose pictures are on the DVD cover? Yup, Jones and McGregor, even though neither has the screentime Pertwee has, or is as central to the story as his character.
But no one knows Pertwee, but they do know Jones and McGregor.
Oh well. Marketing is always more important than substance. Anyone from Hollywood will tell you that! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks