What's new

Audrey Geisel recants, approves 'Horton Hears A Who' (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I thought after the disaster that was "The Cat In The Hat", Audrey Geisel was done with Hollywood adapting her late husband's childrens' books.

I was wrong.

Fox's CGI animation studio, Blue Sky, has won a bidding war to produce 'Horton Hears A Who', beating out Dreamworks and Sony. Blue Sky will debut the film following 'Ice Age 2' in late 2007 or early 2008.

Yahoo! News (Reuters/Hollywood Reporter)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Well, at least this one won't be live action. Maybe a lesson HAS been learned...

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Maybe Mrs. G is giving Hollywood one last chance. Perhaps a CGI movie could actually do a Dr. Seuss story justice.

Hmm, the folks who did Ice Age adapting Horton Hears a Who... I wonder if Ray Romano would be interested in performing as a modern day Manny?

Bruce*A

Grip
I don't know something about this sounds "off" to me. CGI seems the wrong medium for a Seuss. It should be hand-drawn. But oh, I forgot audiences don't like hand-drawn films anymore.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Dr. Seuss was meant for animation. This is why Bob Clampett's "Horton Hatches the Egg" and Chuck Jones' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" are considered classics today.

This seems to be promising.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Maybe Mrs. G shouldn't be in charge of her husband's creations.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Well, Cat in the Hat captured the lockerroom humor Seuss is renowned for. It also understood the sub-text of the Cat being a New York Jew.

And unlike that silly cartoon, Grinch, with its blockbuster styling, tremendous marketing campaign, and merchandising efforts, truly demonstrated the pro-materialism theme Seuss was targeting.

The lesson is that Hollywood really understands the soul of Seuss. Mrs. G. is doing it for the children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks