What's new

Auditioning the JM Labs 906 and a wire question (1 Viewer)

Reid_d

Grip
Went to a local shop to audition the 906's the other day. I noticed as they were disconnecting the Utopia's that they were using what looked like phone wire. They told me that it was double insulated solid core wiring and it was preferable to use this. Still being new to alot of this I was curious if this is true? I'm not asking a which cable is best question, but wondering if there's any merit to to using cable of this type as I have a spool (about 30,000 ft) 14 awg just sitting there.

Also are there any other speakers along the same line that should be worth a listen. They're only going to be used for 2ch in a study. Mostly classical, opera. Thx

David Barteaux

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry off topic a bit, did you happen to listen to the Cobalt 806 and if so, how did they compare with the 906?

Reid_d

Grip
I went in specifically for the 906. At their suggestion also the Jamo 830. Take it for what its worth, with my limited experience, but try them both at home, then decide. I'd be curious with your results.

Reid_d

Grip
Instead of going out to the local hi fi shop, I talked to a friend that works at local cable manufacturing plant. He said yeah I'll get you some 18 awg, 16 awg and 14awg. I thought he meant a hundred feet or so . Then came the fork lift with 3 spools of double insulated, solid core wire at about 30k ft each. Hence my interest in using it as speaker wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks