What's new

Audioreview's Website Has Been Redesigned (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
check out the new ar.com
well it's not new, just the interface...it's the same raunchy reviews and message boards, just the way I like it.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Looks are one thing, content is another. Audioreview.com or consumerreview.com or whatever they want to call it has been a joke for a long time in my opinion. I'm not sure that a new format is going to accomplish anything in the long run. Let me put it this way. I don't expect it to become an HTF. :)

Kevin_W

Second Unit
I agree with Keith. Before coming to HTF, I frequented AR msg boards. There are a few very informative people there that tend to answer most of the questions but for the most part it was more mudslinging than informative discussion. But they still have a really good review section. I've yet to see a website that offered a larger database of user reviews.

For what its worth, I liked the old interface better.

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit
Definitely, the old one was better!

This is not even a new interface really, I've seen it before on another website. There are quiet a few audio review websites that connect to the audioreview.com database, have the same reviews just a different front end.

Too tough to read with those cumbersome table cells and only 50 rows per page; other than that the reviews are pretty worthy after applying little correction factors. For example, when reading reviews for a $300 receiver most reviewers will not be audiophiles or may not have extensive experience with other stuff.

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Looks like the same type of frontend as Epinions uses to me.

I think for the most part you can use a site like audioreview by wading through the "crap" reviews and maybe get an idea of what products you want on your shortlist at the very least.

I generally don't look at and product reviews that have less then 25 reviews. Sure there are going to be the typical "joke" reviews but out of 25 or more reviews there's got to be a few sincere and objective reviews I can use.

BTW, I prefer the original look.

Just my 2 cents.

Brian

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
After a couple days with the new ar.com I'm glad they changed...it's much faster now.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
This is what made me drop audioreview like a hot poker once I found HTF
From the SVS 16-46 review page
Reviewed by: Ray/Roy suxcox, Audiophile, from Los Angeles
Product Model Year:
Summary:
Oh ray/roy,
Actually you just couldn't help it could ya gay boy?? Came back anyway!! LOL. Well I really wanted that personal meeting to plant my boot in your ass but I see(just as I suspected)that you want me to bring some lubricant so you can get a good a-s-s pounding!! Figures....gay boy. You already own this product...........yeah, dream on Butt Pirate!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha
---------------------------------------------------
Review Date
January 14, 2002
Reviewed by: Roy, Casual Listener, from Shut up
Product Model Year:
Summary:
btw, I already own one of these awesome products, so I won't be looking here again (until a few years down the road to upgrade again) so if you'd like to take another immature shot back, then sorry but you'll be talking to yourself (as I'm sure you're used to).
later b1tch
Review Date
January 13, 2002
Reviewed by: Ray, Audio Enthusiast, from come get some, you a55hole
Product Model Year:
Summary:
Hmmmmm, so you figure that I'm gay, and you'd think it would be fun to visit me privately, huh?
Bring lots of vasoline, b1tch.
Review Date
January 11, 2002
Reviewed by: Ray is GAy, Audiophile, from Loser State
Product Model Year:
Summary:
Gay Ray said: "Hmm, that's really mature. Why don't you post your name so we can make fun of it? Then people can really learn a lot on this board."
Why don't you bite me Gay Ray!? Why don't YOU post your name and addy, then we can really learn alot about you!! Maybe come and see you, nice little visit. Hmmmm, that would be fun!!!!!!!
Strengths:
Many
Weaknesses:
None
Similar Products Used:
Many
Review Date
January 9, 2002
Reviewed by: Ray, Audio Enthusiast, from Redmond, WA, USA
Product Model Year:
Summary:
Hmm, that's really mature. Why don't you post your name so we can make fun of it? Then people can really learn a lot on this board.
Review Date
January 8, 2002
Reviewed by: Harvey Feltersnatch SUCKS, Audiophile, from Los Angeles, CA
Price Paid: $1250 at SVS
Product Model Year:
Summary:
This review is in response to Harvey the snatch!! Just another HSU loser who comes here to post bad things about SVS so he can feel better about owning his HSU c-r-a-p! Look at his last name: "SNATCH", that should tell you all about him right there!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha
Butt Pirate Harvey said:Strengths: Good output in 30hz range
Weaknesses: Not really that good at 20hz levels(OH PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!)
Similar Products Used: Hsu TN1220HO(FECAL MATTER)
Purchased At: mail order
Review Summary: Purchased one of these because of good reviews on some of the Home Theater Forums. Well Finished and attractive but It really could not match My HsuResearch for low bass performance(UH, YEAH.......OK, RIght!!) . I sent It back and got another Hsu and am very happy(Most snatches are when they are getting screwed!!! LOL).. Overall, It's not bad but ignore the hype, Hsu came up with the cylinder subwoofer design years ago and is a superior product and a better bargain to boot.
Strengths:
Best subs you can buy for the money!!!
Weaknesses:
None.........
Similar Products Used:
Many
Similar Products Used: Hsu TN1220HO(FECAL MATTER)
This website really is a wealth of knowledge... no really :rolleyes

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I know how ya feel brutha...that type of shit drives me insane, and sometimes I report it to the ar.com moderator. Sometimes it works. After wading thru the offensive and the "this product rocks" reviews, it's not a half bad site.

Users who are viewing this thread