AudioReview=Yuck

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Sturge, Dec 30, 2001.

1. John Sturge

John Sturge Stunt Coordinator

It has to be the most flawed audio review websites on the web today. It seems like there are roving gangs on there. Anti-Bose,Anti-Sony,Pro-Mitsubishi, and some other hilarious fanboys that rove the website. If you are looking for a laugh look at how the little children act on the Bose reviews.
    Now, for some hilarious quotes:
    In No Particular Order:
    "dis player rulez"
    "dis player suckz"
    "John of Kansas, **** you! U're white ***** aren't ya? Go back home and play ur ***** country music foo! This DVD playa rocks!"
    "YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID FOR PAYING THAT MUCH MONEY ON A DAMN PIECE OF PLASTIC WIT A LASER IN IT!!! HELL GO TO SAM'S CLUB AND BUY YOU ONE OF THEM RCA PLAYERS AND IT DO REAL GOOD!"
    "Get a life and real speakers"
    "since, there are blooming reviews for this product, I have decided to throw a bad review into the mix"
    "This DVD player is a turkey."
    "After hearing Bose and some Snell Acoustics speaks., I had to go with Bose, cause' it was better bang for the buck you know?"
    "I think the main problem with this site is that many people have different circumstances - but all are rating these with different objectives.Audiophiles are rating them for high music re-production
    Movie watchers with large rooms are rating them with large room dimensions in mind.What do they cost - 1000 English pounds. This price is the price you have to pay for a 5.1 sound system to start with - so the arguement that they are overpriced is incorrect.I look at them as great for my circumstances - I need small speakers as I cannot physically fit large speakers into my living room.I use them more to watch movies than listen to music - and again they are great for this purpose.I think other people are looking at them with different objectives eg I want the best music replay that is possible
    Depending on the circumstances you are viewing them with - if you see the AM15 will fit that bill - then they are good speakers for you"
    "The Crap Good Throw at People Go in take picture. It good also put in fire at winter. They cheap also."
    "very good speaker" (that's the whole review)
    "This is a very bad product. It ain't worth but a dime.
    Buguk nang Bose!"
    I am laughing as I am typing these comments out. Hopefully I will find some more if time provides.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

3. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

John, I agree that clicks seem to be involved to some point but if you wade through the "crap" reviews you can get a general idea for yourself which products should be on your short list.

Just my 2 cents.

Although some of the reviews, like the one you posted can be just down-right laughable.

Brian

4. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

I also agree that if you wade through the crap, Audioreview can be quite good. Just some posts like you mentioned are totally out of order.

5. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter