Audioquest Type 2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David CC, Apr 16, 2002.

1. David CC

David CC Auditioning

Changing the location of my speakers and talked w/local shop who recommends the Audioquest Type 2(said this type of wire is better than 12g OMC). Any recommendations? For B&W 601 S3s and B&W LCR 60 S3 and Denon 2802. Currently using Monstercable 12g OMC.

Thanks, David

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

if there's nothing wrong with your existing wires keep using them. just what's supposed to be better?

3. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

Bring it home, try it out, double blind if possible, if you like it keep it, if you don't return it.

4. David CC

David CC Auditioning

The current wires will be to short for new location. So starting from scratch and looking to upgrade.

David

5. Brian R

Brian R Stunt Coordinator

David

I agree with Saurav, see if your dealer will let you try it out and see what you think. I just recently upgraded from 12 ga Monster to AQ Type 4+, and personally feel that it made an huge improvement to the sound of my system. I don't know how to expalin it other than to say the soundstage really seemed to open up, it didn't sound like the music was coming from the speakers but from all across the front of the room. So I would recommend you try it out and see what you think.

Brian

6. David CC

David CC Auditioning

Is it ok to attach the AQ Type 4 to a Monster Cable quick lock banana plug?

David

7. Brian R

Brian R Stunt Coordinator

I'm not familiar with the Monster quick lock, I looked it up on their website, but I couldn't tell from the picture how it attached to the wire. Both the Type2 the Type4 use 4 solid core wires. I bought mine from Audio Advisor and they came terminated with spades. If your dealer is selling it off a bulk spool, I would think they could terminate it for you with either spades or banana clips, using solder.

Brian