What's new

Audioquest Type 2 (1 Viewer)

David CC

Auditioning
Changing the location of my speakers and talked w/local shop who recommends the Audioquest Type 2(said this type of wire is better than 12g OMC). Any recommendations? For B&W 601 S3s and B&W LCR 60 S3 and Denon 2802. Currently using Monstercable 12g OMC.

Thanks, David

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
if there's nothing wrong with your existing wires keep using them. just what's supposed to be better?

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Bring it home, try it out, double blind if possible, if you like it keep it, if you don't return it.

David CC

Auditioning
The current wires will be to short for new location. So starting from scratch and looking to upgrade.

David

Brian R

Stunt Coordinator
David

I agree with Saurav, see if your dealer will let you try it out and see what you think. I just recently upgraded from 12 ga Monster to AQ Type 4+, and personally feel that it made an huge improvement to the sound of my system. I don't know how to expalin it other than to say the soundstage really seemed to open up, it didn't sound like the music was coming from the speakers but from all across the front of the room. So I would recommend you try it out and see what you think.

Brian

Brian R

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not familiar with the Monster quick lock, I looked it up on their website, but I couldn't tell from the picture how it attached to the wire. Both the Type2 the Type4 use 4 solid core wires. I bought mine from Audio Advisor and they came terminated with spades. If your dealer is selling it off a bulk spool, I would think they could terminate it for you with either spades or banana clips, using solder.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks