Audioquest or AR cables - which coax is better?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Kamal_G_B, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Kamal_G_B

Kamal_G_B Auditioning

hi

been snoopin around for prices of a decent coax to hook my dvd to my AV receiver
    came across Audioquest VMAdigital, and AR - similar price range but not too sure which one is of a better quality.
    any advice out there?
    [​IMG]

2. NickScott

NickScott Stunt Coordinator

The Black Rhodium Rhythm digital coax was voted the best coax last year. I have one and I like it plenty. I used to have the AR Master digital optical.
    Theres my 2 bits.

3. NickScott

NickScott Stunt Coordinator

Ok. I just got my new receiver yesterday (HK AVR 630) and I was only to really test everything out tonight.
    Matrix- scene 29. Between my AR Master Optical and my Black Rhodium Rhythm Coaxial.

The AR Master Optical sound quite a bit better. The highs were clearer, brighter(not too bright though), and seemed smoother through the high/mid transitions.

This was the first time that I was able to really test my 2 cables together.
    I am actually bummed that my new Black Rhodium didnt blow me out of my seat! I just bought it before I got my receiver.

So I just hooked up my Black Rhodium to my VCR (video), and the picture is clearer. [​IMG]

So my say is this. I have always used AR Master cables, and I have always been happy. I use them for everything; component, optical, dvd-a, turntable, subwoofer, etc...

No complaints.

Scott.

4. Kamal_G_B

Kamal_G_B Auditioning

thanks nick
    think u sold me on AR then, cos i just got the name of a local supplier
    just one question tho, u talking about the AR optical cable? how is AR when it come to coaxial cables?
    bye