What's new

AudioQuest (DBS) cables (1 Viewer)

Robert D

Grip
hello,
Im considering buying Audioquest interconnects (Jaguar DBS, which stands for Dielectric-bias system). My salesman let me borrow a pair and I thought the difference was day and night. The Jaguars had much more detail and transperancy as compared to my own audioquest cables. Does anyone else have an opinion on DBS interconnects?
Thanks for any info Rob.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
If you heard that kind of difference (and it was a positive difference, and can be quantified), then whip out the Amex.

But have you read the reviews of these things in Stereophile? Two of their reviewers (Art Dudley and Kal Rubinson) could not conclusively determine that there was any difference at all. Art got a nice, long winded reply from someone at AQ challenging the review.

If you have not done so, I think the audioholics web site also has some interesting reading about AQ in general.

BGL

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well you might want to read the following before you find that it's really your wallet that's exhibiting transparency.

Audioquest Responds to Our Top Ten Signs an Audio Cable Vendor is Selling You Snake Oil
Audioquest Cable Theories Exposed
Debunking the Myth of Cable Distortion and Dielectric Biasing

Now I'll just bet if you were to return them and tell the salesman that you couldn't tell any difference he just might tell you your system isn't revealing enough or maybe you just need to break them in a little longer.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Robert,
You tried them out and if you like them enough, cough up the dough. I can say I've never been unhappy about their cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks