Audiopro Advantek speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ricky c, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Ricky c

Ricky c Stunt Coordinator

What can you guys tell me about these speakers.How do they sound.How do they compare to other towers such as Mordaunt Short MS908,Mirage OM7.Also how do they compare to Axiom and Audes.Just so you know these are the speakers i have been researching for future upgrade.Thanks

2. Lars_no

Lars_no Auditioning

[​IMG] I'm using
    Avantek five as front
    And Avantek two as cen
    And Avantek one as surround
    And avantek sub
    And i think it's sounds very Nice

3. Allan F

Allan F Agent

Ricky,

I've been VERY curious about this line myself. Problem is the only person I can find that knows anything about them lives in Houston (I'm in San Diego). Not exactly a popular line in the US.

Allan

4. Tor Arne

Tor Arne Stunt Coordinator

I was very interested in the Avantek nine, but after seeing them yesterday, no. They're butt-ugly IMO. [​IMG] The Avantek six and five are much prettier. The reason for this is the backside, which is very wide (even wider than the baffle) on the nine and narrow on the six. You'll know what I mean when you see them.
    I haven't listened to them, though. I just happen to value looks highly. [​IMG] Reviews in norwegian magazines claim the six are very dynamic (almost in Klipsch-league) and the shape of the speaker does the job of cancelling standing waves well. I don't trust the magazine who reviewed them though. [​IMG]
    The Audio Pro website:
    http://www.audiopro.com/index.html
    I'm very interested in the Audio Pro Avantek Sub! It's good looking as probably clean-sounding!