What's new

Audiogon (1 Viewer)

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone who has an audiogon account, I have a request.

There is an auction on ebay and the seller has told me the reserve price is set based on the audiogon bluebook value.
In addition, the seller has agreed that we might be able to make a deal after the auction's close should this reserve price not be met.

I am curious what this audiogon bluebook value is, so I can bid accordingly and/or offer a good deal after the auction's close.

It is not worth the $49.95/yr subscription for this one price quote.

Here is a direct link to the item:
http://cgim.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/bb....dl&zzrx595&4&&

Yamaha RX-595 (note this is not the v model), 80w x 2, 1996.

I hope someone can help me :emoji_thumbsup:

KUTA

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
I quoted the $50 membership b/c that would be the best value if I were to subscribe.

While $20 is cheaper, it is not likely I will use the website more than once within one month. And the bluebook value is not worth $20 to me.

Nobody has an audiogon account here?

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Joe,

I can't help you with the number you are looking for on this piece. If you have a good rapport with a local B & M dealer, they may be able to help if you've not considered that avenue of information.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
I often use past ebay auctions to determine the appropriate selling price. Might be worth a try.

Aaron

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
No luck w/ ebay completed items, looks like this item is not usually sold on ebay.

Thanks for the suggestions, however!

I thought surely someone would have an audiogon account here!
No matter, all will be revealed at the auction's close tomorrow.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Greg makes a good point. Even if you found the Blue Book quote given by the seller to be correct, generally speaking this price is the equivilant of full MSRP for used products. If this product has an "in demand" quotient, then the closer to full Blue Book it will bring. If there is no demand, the price should be less. Jack

Kurt

Auditioning
What kind of price is on the unit?

If there is not muc in the way of previous prices, you could ask what the original retail price was, and consider offering 1/2 of that if it is in good condition. Possibly have him throw-in shipping as well.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I have an audiogon account but do not subscribe to the blue book values. Like others have suggested, I base my selling/buying price on what other units have sold for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks